• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BLOODY PET SHOP

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
I HATE THat large chain store this is my second NZ i have taken in in a forntight :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: the first a stray and this is a pets@home bun :shock: she is mahosiveeeee and as lovely has she is they are really hard to rehome as are pairs i am saddened to add :cry: :cry: :cry: at the rate i am taking in hard to homes and sicky buns i will be closed due to cant shift buns soon:shock: :cry: :cry:

and they are gonna start selling frenchies and giants :shock: :shock: its gionna be a very sad state of affairs soon :cry: :cry: :cry:

she looks the size of a nz but hymi marking what a mixture??

7july06thelmabrp065003.jpg

7july06thelmabrp065001.jpg

7july06thelmabrp065002.jpg

oh my goodness... look at those ears!! She certainly looks like a nz white.. but what strange markings :shock:
I cant imagine what would happen if they start selling giants :roll:
What about that bloke the members of hte forum met with? whats happening with him now? could someone meet him again to express the concerns about selling giant rabbits :shock:

Diddeen said:
oh my goodness... look at those ears!! She certainly looks like a nz white.. but what strange markings :shock:
I cant imagine what would happen if they start selling giants :roll:
What about that bloke the members of hte forum met with? whats happening with him now? could someone meet him again to express the concerns about selling giant rabbits :shock:

from the marks on her ears and nose i am guessing she was crossed with a hymillyian>

Poor thing, they're just not popular rabbits, they're meat rabbits so are bred to be big weight wise,not height wise like a conti. Could you not contact Sue Dooley and ask her to put a photo on her site just to get you a little advertising?

oh she's beautiful!
i love the big ones. if i dont get the rabbit im looking at tomorrow ill have her. if i do get this one tomorrow then i might try persuade my dad to let me have 2, we have enough space if i spay her and i need to get this male im gonna look at neutered anyway. we have a 12metre x 3 metre run, the patio, all fenced and designed with bunnies in mind!

whiskyscruffles said:
oh she's beautiful!
i love the big ones. if i dont get the rabbit im looking at tomorrow ill have her. if i do get this one tomorrow then i might try persuade my dad to let me have 2, we have enough space if i spay her and i need to get this male im gonna look at neutered anyway. we have a 12metre x 3 metre run, the patio, all fenced and designed with bunnies in mind!

she will be neutered next week!

raven_guest said:
Poor thing, they're just not popular rabbits, they're meat rabbits so are bred to be big weight wise,not height wise like a conti. Could you not contact Sue Dooley and ask her to put a photo on her site just to get you a little advertising?

i wouldnt need to contact her if thelma didint find a home she would stay with me! :D

stupid thing keeps playing up, has taken me 30 mins to try and reply!!!!
if she hasnt got a home soon, or if there are other giants that are hard to rehome i would love to have one. im sure i can persuade my dad, he loves them once we get them! wouldnt be able to have it til the male is safe, so like 6 weeks ish and the hutch is currently only a frame, the male is going in a 5ft hutch, im making a 6ft. that is of course if a giant and a dwarf lop can go as a pair?

is this pets at home?

that is where i got Dobbin from and we had a few problems with them. Am considering writing a letter of complaint.

Sue
xx

whiskyscruffles said:
if she hasnt got a home soon, or if there are other giants that are hard to rehome i would love to have one. im sure i can persuade my dad, he loves them once we get them! wouldnt be able to have it til the male is safe, so like 6 weeks ish and the hutch is currently only a frame, the male is going in a 5ft hutch, im making a 6ft. that is of course if a giant and a dwarf lop can go as a pair?

she would be fine in a six footer as long as you have a large run, but for a proper giant conti/BG 6 footers wouldnt be nearly enough, they are alot bigger than NZS

bunnylove said:
whiskyscruffles said:

she would be fine in a six footer as long as you have a large run, but for a proper giant conti/BG 6 footers wouldnt be nearly enough, they are alot bigger than NZS

it has a huuuge patio to run around in, all fenced properly, like 36 square metres! 6' x 2'6"is as big as i can make a hutch to fit in the bit we move it to in summer (beside the new fenced off flower bed). i could do bigger but it wouldnt go in the shadiest part of the patio. how big would it need? the hutch is just kind of a bed, permanent daytime access to the patio.

whiskyscruffles said:
bunnylove said:
whiskyscruffles said:

it has a huuuge patio to run around in, all fenced properly, like 36 square metres! 6' x 2'6"is as big as i can make a hutch to fit in the bit we move it to in summer (beside the new fenced off flower bed). i could do bigger but it wouldnt go in the shadiest part of the patio. how big would it need? the hutch is just kind of a bed, permanent daytime access to the patio.

like i said she is NOT as big as a ginat so that hutch would be FINE! :D

Back