• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vibes please!

Dobbin

Mama Doe
I realise this probably sounds silly and i apologise we scrubbed the wheelie bin. We only moved into our house just over a week ago and the wheelie bins had maggots in them, obviuosly because of Dobbin we sorted it, over an hour, 2 bottles of bleach and lots of scrubbing later the bin was clean, everything was re bagged - twice and was put back in. In the bottom of the bin was a good 30cm of compacted rubbish - not in bags - we put this in several bags. Anyway we put Dobbin inside this moring then i went out to put something in the bin, when i opened it, it had a load of Maggots in - i couldn't believe it.

Dobbin is to young to have any treatment at the moment - this is why i am so worried. We are checking him three times a day. I phoned the council and asked for advance, well they are coming to take them away and give us two new bins! Yay - i did stress could it please be today as otherwise it won't be till Monday. So can everyone please send out postive vibes for them to be done today cos if they are not i am going to be a nervous wreck all weekend worrying about Dobbin.

The council did say that salt kills Maggots and to when the bins are emptied to put a couple of drops of lavender oil in the bin as this deters them. I have seen lavender scented sawdust which i am thinking of getting for Dobbins cage - mising it with normal sawdust - what do people think?

Sorry i know i am being paranoid!

Sue
xx

Not paranoid at all, i would be the same. This time of year is a nightmare for buns isn't it. Sending you lots of good vibes that you get your new bins today! :)

Hope they get changed for you. I had maggots in my bins last year and I could have died. I was mortified!

Back