• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any idea why they do this?

lucyj

Mama Doe
I've set up the boys hutch so at the left hand side is the living area (where the wire door is) where they get their food, and it's lined with wood shavings.Then next door(in the solid part) right through the arch is a bedding are, which is layered with woodshavings then straw, and then on the right of that is there litter tray, which is filled with rabbit friendly cat litter and a thin layer of woodshavings. The last 2 mornings whne I've gone out, the straws been pushed right into the living area, the litters been flicked right into the bed area, and the litter trays empty except for wee! Any idea why they'd be doing this??It's onle been the last 2 nights. They've only been bonded together in there hutch for about 5 days now, could that have something to do with it?? :?

I already know they don't like me cleaning their hutch much, when I'm emptying their litter tray I have to feed them first, and when doing twice weekly overhaul have to shut them in run, otherwise they're in about trying to push my hand away. Could it be retaliation for messing in their home??

Twix always removes the straw fom his bed immediately after I put him in. No idea why he just does......

As for the litter...the boys could be throwing their trays about as mine does that too so I tie it down now as before poos were everywhere and the wee stuck to the tray...naughty boy buns....

My bunnies got naughtier after they were bonded. They scheme you know!!! :lol: :lol: :roll:

I suspect they're just having fun digging and making a mess!!!! 2 of mine tip their dried grass on the carpet (joint effort) and then roll about in it just for fun!!! :lol: :roll: :roll:

I suppose at least they've stopped digging up the lawn (touch wood, cross finegrs!), had just started doing that before I rebonded them, when i put there runs right up together. i think it was boredom/loneliness. I thought neutering them had changed their characters (they were much more sedate, and a bit less lobing) but now they are back together they are back to their old selves again (cheeky mischevious little.... :lol: )

Just came home from work and once again, litter in bed area, bedding in living area, and just wee and poos in litter tray!! I don't get it. They have access to their run and have loads of toys, i wonder if they're just playing up cuz I've bn working xtra so not seen as much of them as normal :? :(

Back