• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Honeybunny

kitara

Young Bun
How do you afford to look after all of your rescues, do you rely on donations or do you do your own fund raising etc??

Kitara

You don't afford it!! :lol: Donations are always welcome! :D try to do a bit of fundraising but do not have the time..some kind people on here have helped! :D
I'm always in the red with the rescue......apart from the obvious feed/hay..there is vet bills for neutering/jabs and quite often you find the "healthy" bun that's been signed over needs vet attention. Then there's disinfectant....sundries like toys/chews...brushes for grooming and hutch cleaning...buckets...vet bed...bottles bowls..fly repelllents..etc etc...
AND then ....petrol ..the amount I use for the rescue buns trips to vet, homechecking, collecting supplies, picking up unwanteds..is scary.....and then the phone bill :shock: :shock:
You do not get paid for your time..and it takes almost all of your time.... your spare time vanishes...I no longer watch much tv....holidays are difficult to say the least.....you do not get a day off..even Christmas Day..it is VERY hard work ..physically and emotionally......
but I love it and when you see a bun who you have taken from dreadful conditions go off to a lovely new home it makes it all worth it...although I do have a rant from time to time!!!!!! :oops: :lol: :lol:

Back