• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eglu - what do you think

Personally, I would never put a bun in one of those, the 'sleeping compartment' is tiny and it's made of plastic so would get extremely hot inside in the summer.
Imagine the size of the hutch you could buy for the same price!!
Other people may have tried one (I havn't) it's just my opinion :)

twice i have had calls to rehome rabbits in it and twice i have said NO without evven looking at them, they look like a stupid designer gimic that is over priced, under sized and a waste of money :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

For that amount of money you could buy a couple of sheds decked our with shelves and a whole heap of bunny accessories. All the eglu is, is a trim design and a good marketing gimic. It's what people want to hear "fox safe" and "easy to clean" but when it comes down to the MORE important things like general space (yes the run is alright but that's it) it under-compensates.

My neighbour has one of those hutches the eglu one, he keeps guinea pigs in it he has about 6 I think. He told me that the advert said it could house two rabbits but he said no way to that because it is too small. He loves the design as its so easy to clean and move around.

However, I wouldn't spend that much money on it when you can get larger hutches and runs for less money which are just as well made.

Back