• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Major Tom-U/D The Wonder of Metacam

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Although his Snuffles and Conjunctivitis have nearly cleared up Major Tom still has a sore back. Also, despite having had a Dental on 15th June he has a sore mouth :cry: He has only eaten SS pellets since he has been here. Wont touch hay/grass/dandelion leaves/gratted Veg/Critical Care......
He is on Metacam and I have noticed that he eats more and with less difficulty for the 12 or so hours after the pain relief. But as it wears off he stops eating and its obvious his mouth is bothering him.
Poor old chap :( He seems happy enough, even though he has to put up with me sleeping in his pen!! :roll: :lol:

Janex

Awww poor old guy!! I hope he feels better soon!!

And for your Jane- I hope you can sleep on your own inflatable mattress soon!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

xxx

Charliesangel said:
Awww poor old guy!! I hope he feels better soon!!

And for your Jane- I hope you can sleep on your own inflatable mattress soon!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

xxx

I thought about the inflatable but was worried it would pop if Major T tried to nibble it!! :shock: :roll: :lol:

Janex

Major Tom has seen Christabel. She says his mouth is very inflammed and he has arthritc hips :(
So even though his Snuffles is better he is to stay on antibiotics and will also stay on Metacam. On Monday Christabel will re-examin him and he may have to have another GA/Dental :( Oh dear, what a worry as he is an old boy and has already had a GA less than a month ago........

Janex

awwww poor old tom :( these oldies are a worry :? even though Nomad isn't mine anymore :( I worry about him too. with Tom and his poor hips and mouth and Nomad and his spine and deaf ears there must be some parts that are ok :shock:
sending love and healing vibes to Major Tom xxx

Oh the wonder of Metacam!!
Major Tom really benefits from his daily 'fix'!!
An hour or so after an injection of Metacam he is so much more mobile and eating is less painful for him. He is such a brave soldier as his arthritis must have been a problem for quite some time.
I do love the elderly Bunsters, they are so rewarding to care for :D

Janex

bluebunny said:
Awww bless him!
how often does he have his metacam?

He has one injection a day (0.1ml) It seems to provide about 18 hours Analgesia. I can really tell when it has worn off as the Major takes to his bed looking very sorry for himself :(
An hour after the injection he is ready to parachute behind enemy lines!! :lol:

Janex

Metacam is brilliant! My GP broke her leg years ago and would practically bite the end of the syringe to take the metacam! Nice drug dependancy!

raven_guest said:
Metacam is brilliant! My GP broke her leg years ago and would practically bite the end of the syringe to take the metacam! Nice drug dependancy!

I thought you meant your DOCTOR when I first read your post!! :shock: :lol: :lol:

Janex

Back