• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

She is driving me nuts!!!

Charliesangel

Warren Veteran
Daisy is driving me insane!!!

I've recently moved her up into my room and built her a large cage for the summer. I was hoping to bond her with Oliver (but thats not going very well at the moment :roll:).

The problem is the noise she makes during the night! Since she lived in the room downstairs for at least a year now, she has been able to make as much noise as she would like. But now that she is in my room, it is driving me, Oliver, and my dog Oreo crazy. :roll: :x :x

Last night she dumped all 3 of her litter boxes, and was banging them against the cage all night. Then she decided to do binkies :)shock:!!!) in her cage for about a half hour!!! She was bouncing off of everywall, jumping on everyshelf, and landing on every food/water bowl she could :evil:

I really would like to keep her in my room, but if she keeps up the noise she really will have to go back downstairs to a smaller cage. I really dont want this to happen.

Any suggestions?

Leah

Oh and one more question :oops:

Daisy is the messiest rabbit you will ever see. She refuses to use her litterbox :roll: And her urine smells sooo bad!!
I've been cleaning her cage out at least once a day but my room still smells!!

It didn't smell at all when it was just Oliver in my room!!

How can I solve the smelly problem?? (And I already have an air freshener, doesn't work :roll:)

Leah

What are you feeding her veggie wise?

Can't help with noise I'm afraid all mine are outside :lol:

I found tying my litter trays to the cage helped. I put two holes through the top and threaded through one of those wire sandwich bag ties and attached it to the cage. They soon gave up trying to move it!!

They like to drag them around don't they.... it may be wise to sit with her during the day/early evening whilst she is in the cage and as she goes to through it around shourt no or shriek or anything to distract her. Continue with this as eventually, may take a couple weeks, they just don't do it because they hate the noise you make!!

Unfortunateely rabbits are quite lively at night so it may be that although she doesn't throw litter trays, she may still kick about.

ps. As for her wee, is she neutered? I know you say she's going with Oliver but some people may just get one rabbit done out of a pair.

I found that Twix's urine was vey smelly til I had him done!

mtoyah said:
I found tying my litter trays to the cage helped. I put two holes through the top and threaded through one of those wire sandwich bag ties and attached it to the cage. They soon gave up trying to move it!!

Yup, me too :D

Back