• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it ok to put rabbits on wet grass????

bunnies

Alpha Buck
Hi,

As the title say is it ok?? mine where looking very miffed when it was raining last night and weve had a lot of rain and the grass is very wet.

Also suggestions please for what to put on the attactched run to the shed floor please. The base is slabs but florence my rex doesn`t do well on the slabs, so i`ve been putting down newspaper and old bath mats which has helped. but with all the rain they`ve got wet i do have a cover to the run which does help a bit but am planning ahead to the winter.

Ihave put in this morning some old rubber car mats which will be soft on her feet and not become water logged like the newspaper. The only other way would be to shut them in the shed when its wet but that seems so unfair and a shame when they have the run to go in 24/7 and i`m not sure how bracken will take that as he`s not use to being shut in.

So suggestions please..

If you can create some kind of shelter over the run or a roof to it they should be fine if they can retreat to the shed when they want! Mine have a cover and they're fine!!!

Those straw beach mats are good to use and are cheap. They dry quickly and are easy on bunnies feet!!

Put them out tonight and they are binking around, its the first that I have seen Florence do them :D

Must be feeling better with the cooler weather.

Back