• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dash and Scooter Escaped!!!!!

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
I got home from the vets last night with Oakley (she's fine BTW) and i spotted something in the middle of the lawn, i said to Ali whats that he jumped out of the car and had a look and said oh it's a wild rabbit, no hang on it's dash and scooter!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: We got Dash back no problems but Scooter nope! We were running around until 9.30pm at which piont we had to go into town to feed ali's mum and dads dog as i couldn't have him at the house with a bunny on the loose! Scooters not leaving the garden at the mo but we can not catch him! we tried all sorst last night and noithing!!!! I even tried putting Jamins and Flora on the lawn and see if they would attract him! They did but as soon as either me or ali moved Scoot's was off again!!!!! How onb earth do you catch a bunny with alot of wild instinct??? I have had to come to work this morning but Scoots is still in the garden???HELP

I get a panel of wood or a lid of a hutch or something, I use this to steer them in the right direction!! I put a tunnel in a run with a bit of it sticking out underneath of the run , ( iyswim!!) I then steer bunny toward the tunnel, he runs in and voila when he comes out the other end he is in the run!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck to you x

Aww thats a tough one, if it were me, I'd leave down a load of pellets or fav foods and hide, armed with a large blanket, if you can cover him the blanket, you will have better chance of getting him. Maybe have two people on hand.

Bunnies are curious, if you sat well away from him and read a book, do you think he'd come up to you?

Good luck!

Thanks Guys we've tried all the above but Scoots is just to fast and gets out of all these, Kareen we had boxs and traps and sectioned bits and all sorts he just ivaded everything!!! I've not tried the tunnel yet though so will try that when i get home! Thanks

Beebop as long as i sat still last night he was coming with in three feet of me as soon as i made the slightest movment he was off!!! This is what i get for having half wild bunnies!

I think you need to corner him then, using whatever you have available, lids off runs etc...then get him in a corner and grab him! easier said than done I know!! I have had lots of escapees!! and am becoming an expert now :lol: :lol: :lol: my next plan is to buy a landing net with a looong handle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thanks Kareen we will try cornering him but thats gonna be hard! Our garden not secure yet, we have a big beech hedge round the entire boundry but there is no fencing anywhere so anything can get in and bunnys can get out. Oh i hope he's ok for the day :( :(

Wow cool! I never new you could get those!!! i think i may have to get one in thew future!!!

He'll be fine until you get home. the little monkey. Get Oaks out he will soon go in :lol: :lol: :lol:

kayj said:
He'll be fine until you get home. the little monkey. Get Oaks out he will soon go in :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: No she can't get out but it might be worth putting her out when i get home! LMAO

Thanks Tree, fortunatly he's to domesticated to go very far as the water and food keeps him in the garden my only fear at the mo is if one of the naigbourhood dogs gets him.

**Bonnie** said:
Gosh, what a worry Phill!
Maybe get a few people over to corner him and then grab him?!

Im gonna see if my mu mum and sis are available later on as i think with a few more bodys we can get him to go into the run

He's back!!!! Wooo Hoooooo!!!!!!!! Me and my mum got to my house last night and somehow Dash had managed to get out again and the pair of them were sat in the middle of the lawn! We walked over and they both went under there hutch and me and my mum just popped the greenline run over the top and that was that! Few!

Back