• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Accidental nipping

Mornin' all,

Jessica is about 16 weeks old now. When she sits on my lap whilst I cuddle her, she tries to chew/bite/nip my clothes (the folds in them or toggles/pockets of my combat trousers), this is fine but she sometimes does it too close and nips my skin.

How can I let her know not to do this on my clothes, I tell her no in a stern way - but I don't think this is very clear and may be a bit confusing to her?

btw - she has thousands of chews, and things to chew in every room - so that can't be a reason for it - i don't think she means to do it - its just by accident and she doesn't realise that under the clothes is my skin!

Any advice?

Mine used to do that so I would shriek or make a loud noise to get her attention and say no.

If you do this repeatedly as soon as she does it she will eventually stop.....

I used to shriek, pick Smudge up and look at her and say no. She always had this cute look of "what have I done?!!" but she just go the idea. She was a horror..in one quick nip she chewed off the drawstring on my flat mate's trousers!!! :shock: She did it so quickly..the little madam!!

mine always used to do that when she was younger... combats are a tasty delight I am guessing lol...
Keep telling her no when she bites your skin and ignore her for a bit so she understands...
but mines grown out of it and maybe yours will to.

Back