• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flint has gone mad!!

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
I heard a right racket at about 2am - worried in case Humbug's rats had escaped & were eating the bunnies, I ran downstairs to find Chaos In The Bunny Room.

My gorgeous sweet cute bunny boy was attacking each of his friends in turn. Cracker has a torn ear, Rosie has blood scratches down her back, Chocolate has a couple of bites on her face. I bathed everyone's cuts, - Flint has some fur missing, but nothing else (Thank God - he had an abscess earlier this year, & was quite ill from it). I had to separate him - into a cage in their section of the room - him & Chocolate were grooming through the bars this morning.

These were the buns that were 2 bonded pairs. I was mainly worried about Chocolate, she was hard to bond, but Chocolate, Cracker & Rosie get on great. Even Flint can usually be seen grooming all three.

I've taken all 4 to the vets - 3 have had anti-biotic jabs & will now be on a course of baytril. Chocolate's personality has turned around since she became part of the foursome - I think she actually likes me now & she's so confident & follows Flint everywhere. I don't know whether to split them up into pairs again, or try re-bonding.

Why does everything happen at once??? :roll:

Oh no..naughty Flint! Tell him Auntie Jill says he has to be a good boy and be nice to his friends....can you think of anything that may have set them off? are the new fosters anywhere within sight or smelling distance? lets hope they go back together happily

honeybunny said:
Oh no..naughty Flint! Tell him Auntie Jill says he has to be a good boy and be nice to his friends....can you think of anything that may have set them off? are the new fosters anywhere within sight or smelling distance? lets hope they go back together happily

New fosters are outside - I have to be careful cos Smirnoff starts with Joey if he smells strangers. I wash my hands/change & everything (There's a pile of clothes in every room!!! :lol: )

Could he have smelled the Doe who gave birth during the night?
Expect she was giving off a lot of hormonal smells.
Just a thought!!

Janex

EDIT:...Ooooooops :oops: Jill beat me to it!! :oops:

Back