• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Naughty bun!

kaskaskia

Alpha Buck
Went out to clean out buns after work, and my naughty rabbit chucked his ceramic food bowl down through the hole of his hutch into his run as I was doing it! Normally it would be cushioned by toys and hay, etc, but as was cleaning them out it just landed on the slabs, and predictably, smashed!!!! I had to spend another fifteen minutes sweeping it out, to make sure no bits were left that would cut their feet!
I know they say heavier food bowls are better, but I may have to get a plastic one to replace it, cos if he ever does that again while I'm out I could end up with two bunnies with very poorly feet!

I went through half a dozen ceramic food bowls before giving up and switching to plastic. They do through plastic bowls around more (especially if your late with dinner and expect to have it chucked at you at food time) but isn't definately cheaper and safer! Now mine don't have a food bowl at all. All their pellets go in a treatball, which they have lots of fun throwing around :D

Tam

Naughty bunny! I've got one of them excel mounted feeder which has a side for pellets and a side for hay, works really well.
Lian x

Mine haven't managed to move their ceramic bowls, but I keep breaking them! Costing me a fortune!
I got one of my buns from a breeder who used a brick to put food in (clean of course) she said it was cheaper and she's yet to find a bun that can throw it around (and she bred giants as well lol)

"touch wood" my ceramic bowls are in still in one piece but then it has not even been a week yet!

Sue
xx

Back