• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

am i the only

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
rescue that DOESNT rehome baby rabbits??? and wait until I get them neutered before rehoming?? i couldnt not bare someone to have an "accident" :roll: :roll: with anyone of the babies that are rehomed from here.

I think that's wise!!!!

I'm hoping to get a baby rabbit soon. I have 4 other rabbits who are all rescue buns and are all neutered :D .

I would never dream of having a baby bun with unneutered buns but a lot of people are NOT that responsible :shock: :roll: .

If you don't know the people you are rehoming to. I think it's best to wait until they are neutered. :wink:

I got Polly from Jill, before she was spayed, but I had to agree to get her done, & I'd already had Alfie from her. I can see why it may be necessary (& easier) to re-home while they are young though. Flint was the same age & already neutered though :D

When i got Chocolate, i asked for her to be spayed as the Rescue didn't necessarily do females.

Has anyone had an experience where a re-homed bun has an accidental litter?

I know a few other rescues with a similar policy. Other have neutering as part of the adoption contract. Others insist that the rabbits go back to the rescues vet to be neutered at the appropriate age.

I vagly recall one rescue who had an adopter that didn't neuter early enough, I can't remember which rescue it was and they changed their policy afterwards.

Tam

Tamsin said:
I know a few other rescues with a similar policy. Other have neutering as part of the adoption contract. Others insist that the rabbits go back to the rescues vet to be neutered at the appropriate age.

I vagly recall one rescue who had an adopter that didn't neuter early enough, I can't remember which rescue it was and they changed their policy afterwards.

Tam

trouble is once they have gone therer is not much inforcement there unless you can afford costly legal suits :shock:

I think Heathlands Animal Sanctury in Hertfordshire has the same policies. I think its sensible/essential to. :D

I think it is a good idea too, the only problem is that the vets i go to wouldnt spay before 6 months of age so you miss those first weeks to get bonded with the bunny while its young.

youngbunny2 said:
I think it is a good idea too, the only problem is that the vets i go to wouldnt spay before 6 months of age so you miss those first weeks to get bonded with the bunny while its young.

mine do it from 3 months i am more inclined to wait until therer are four

bunnylove said:
rescue that DOESNT rehome baby rabbits??? and wait until I get them neutered before rehoming?? i couldnt not bare someone to have an "accident" :roll: :roll: with anyone of the babies that are rehomed from here.

GBH in Beckenham is also very reluctant to rehome young babies...

LurcherGirl said:
bunnylove said:

GBH in Beckenham is also very reluctant to rehome young babies...

no they are do not :? :? i have seen lots of litters rehomed thought them i had two litters here they took at 8 weks so angela could get homes for them

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=5645

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=5546

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=5763

no reluctance from what i can see :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eve I neuter all rabbits before rehoming now. I did let 8 youngsters go before Christmas but all had agreed to neuter and I had confirmation they were all done.
However I decided after that to neuter all ,and so now keep the buns until they are old enough to be done. I think a lot of rescues have this policy and so, thank goodness, you are not alone in this :D

honeybunny said:
Eve I neuter all rabbits before rehoming now. I did let 8 youngsters go before Christmas but all had agreed to neuter and I had confirmation they were all done.
However I decided after that to neuter all ,and so now keep the buns until they are old enough to be done. I think a lot of rescues have this policy and so, thank goodness, you are not alone in this :D

they dont appear to on this side of the country, i appear to be the only one in essex :roll: :roll: , and even off here only three (that included me and you have said they neuter ALL, lets see how many others reply!??

honeybunny said:

they dont appear to on this side of the country, i appear to be the only one in essex :roll: :roll: , and even off here only three (that included me and you have said they neuter ALL, lets see how many others reply!??

honeybunny said:

honeybunny said:

Eve are you trying to make your point very strongly..posting it 4 times! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tracy neuters all her rabbits ..so does Jane in Warwick...so does Cheryl at Sprowston and I think Louise at Hopper Haven does.......

Back