• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two unwanted buns - what do I suggest?

Spacegirl

Mama Doe
Someone I know has two rabbits she wants to rehome due to children not looking after them properly ( :roll: ). I know of local rescues she could contact but thought I might mention it on here first in case anyone (rescue or otherwise) could take them on. Thing is that I don't want the,m to go to an unchecked home and I know some places are less careful than others . .

Anyway, haven't seen them yet but they are a pair of medium sized bucks - not related. One is nuetered, one is not. They get on "most of the time" apparently - have had the odd scrap but not hurt each other (?!). One is about 18 months the other age unknown. They have a double tiered hutch, but don't think it's very big - maybe 4ft. They are in the Bromley area, but I could help with transport.

As far as I know, to keep both bucks together they both need to be neutered, when I found out my 2 were both boys I asked the vet about neutering 1 and she said the neutered 1 would always be picked on by the unneutered 1 and it wouldn't be fair to it, poor boy :cry: . I'm not sure what to suggest you do, I'm sure other people will come on in the morning with better advice.

Back