• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long can you have a bunny for U/D My faith is restored..

LonBun

Warren Scout
Today I was acting for a client in one of the special ID suite police station in London. You get to make more small talk with the officers than in normal stations and its less adversarial. Whilst were doing our ID thing there is a thunderstorm. Officer says she has her bunnys in a run and they might get went even though they can run into their hutches. She mentions she has a buck whose getting very thin. Is he eating his Caecals I ask. His what? You know, the poo he eats. He eats his poo? Yes the smelly ones which look like chocolat plaits. No, never seen those. How does he eat them? Straight outta his bum. You are another solicitor from planet Tharg, she said with her eyes. How old is he? Six years. I'd get him to the vet if he is losing weight. Maybe next week came the reply.

The criminal justice sausage machine returned to "normal" operation after this brief interlude.

Adam

Even I knew that & I don't even have my bunnies at home yet! I've been doing my homework tho.

Even intelligent people, people who should know better don't research their animal before (or after) obtaining it. There's no hope :roll:

Rabswood

rabswood said:
Even intelligent people, people who should know better don't research their animal before (or after) obtaining it. There's no hope :roll:

Rabswood

I didn't :oops: I thought - low maintenance pet, that won't mind been on his own all day. ooo, rabbit. Then I kept him in a 3 foot hutch on his own for 6 months. (He was out MOST days :roll: , but chewed everything). It was only months later, after deciding that we were both not happy with the situation, that I researched. :oops: Had a lot of making up to do to poor Smirnoff. :?

We all made these mistakes when we started out. Six months is one thing...but six years? Glad to hear that you and Smirnoff (unusual name, but obviously something else important to you :wink: ) are luvvy bunnies now.

Adam.

I got to talk to her again and I may have misjudged her... Transpires Bunny is a rescue though she could not say if she was spayed (we didn't go into Bunny Historectomys after the fists conversation :lol: ) and she has seen a vet yesterday. Could be kidneys or liver but vet didn't offer a blood test. Diet seems fine and I reccomeded she go over to pellets over pet shop rabbit mix (didnt reccomend A & P becaue so few pet shops in London stock it). The housing arrangment sounds fine. Bun drinks a fair bit, so advised she watches out for water retention.

Criminal justice system hasn't improved though. Never mind, Dear Leader Tony knows whats best for us.

Adam.

Why don't you offer her a share of your bunny food? We used to be on rabbit royale and could only buy the 10kg bags and had to chuck away about 8.5 kgs as it went out of date...we would have LOVED someone to share a bag with us!! :wink:

Hmm, could do. Might take her a sample to try with Bun. I am at this station infrequently. Two days on the trot is very rare!

Adam

melaniejb said:
Why don't you offer her a share of your bunny food? We used to be on rabbit royale and could only buy the 10kg bags and had to chuck away about 8.5 kgs as it went out of date...we would have LOVED someone to share a bag with us!! :wink:
we get the 20kg ones, used to just have 2 bunnies. shared the food with my aunt and her bunnies. now we get through the 20kg bag in 3 weeks. we have the 9 guinea pigs eating it!!!! it shte only rabbti food that guineas can have, but doesnt have vit c in it, so i hvae to supplement more than usual. much easier though, mum gets a discount

Back