• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Naming rescue buns

AlisonA

Warren Veteran
It seems that rescues are often having to think up names for newly acquired rabbits/piggies.

I thought we could store up a bank of names that we desperately want to see animals named as, so that rescues could use them when they need to name a bun (or piggie).

I really want a piggie to be called Norman, I just look at piggies and immediately think "Norman" so I'd like a rescue to humour me and do the honours please :wink:

well i am taking out first fibe babies to the vets tommorrow alsion and they asked me on the phone what they were called (to book to appointment) and as usual i said babie one/five.... so pending on what there sex is ill check whilst there, we will need five names for them and four for the 2 nd litter! :shock:

I thought we'd already named the first litter :lol:

Fiver, Tenner, Score, Pony and Monkey :lol:

The second litter can be Penny, Tuppence, Quid and Shilling :lol: :lol:

Or...Norman...

My dad, called Norman, read over my shoulder and demands to know why you want them to be called Norman! :lol: :lol: :lol: They do sorta look like Normans don't they! :lol:

I like the name Basil and Ralph.

I had a lecturer at university called Norman, for some reason I think of him whenever I see guinea pig faces, and now I've got the name in my head, I want to name everything Norman :lol:

AlisonA said:
I thought we'd already named the first litter :lol:

Fiver, Tenner, Score, Pony and Monkey :lol:

The second litter can be Penny, Tuppence, Quid and Shilling :lol: :lol:

Or...Norman...

Oh gawd

That reminds me, when I was little I looked after some Guinea pigs for someone and they were called Shilling and Pound :p

'Gorden' and 'Bennet'

'Farmer' and 'Giles' ( :oops: )- THINK ABOUT IT- RHYMING SLANG..... :roll: :lol:

'Over' and 'Out'

'Jessie' and 'James'

'Richard' and 'Judy' ( :roll: )

'Black' and 'Decker'

'George' and 'Clooney'

'Charles' and 'Camilla' (Double :roll: )

Sorry, getting a bit carried away so I'll go now....... :oops:

Janex

Must admit, I'm not a big fan of deliberately paired names, I always think it just makes it harder when one of the pair goes to the bridge, and you're left with a Salt but no Pepper or a Mulder but no Scully. :cry:

I like your idea Alison :D .
If anyone's ever looked at the kirkby rabbits and wondered why they have such stupid names thats because I've named them :oops: . I can sit there for ages trying to think of something, I've had to resort to naming them after my friends or just stealing ideas from rescues on here!!

harvester said:
Must admit, I'm not a big fan of deliberately paired names, I always think it just makes it harder when one of the pair goes to the bridge, and you're left with a Salt but no Pepper or a Mulder but no Scully. :cry:

Awwww thats very true..... :cry:

Janex

harvester said:

We have friends who have a cat called Slap. Tickle passed to the bridge several years ago. I must admit I'm not a big fan of paired names either, unless they are also good as stand-alone names. Like Norman and Norman, for example :wink:

NOoooooooooooooooo I want to be humoured with my wants for bunny names, I don't want people rushing off and finding their own :lol:

*stamps feet*

AlisonA said:
NOoooooooooooooooo I want to be humoured with my wants for bunny names, I don't want people rushing off and finding their own :lol:

*stamps feet*

I should be taking some more piccies for Kirkby soon, I promise to name one Norman or Normalina if its a girl! :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: don't get me started on names what ever you do! :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: I have some very erm.... interesting ones :mrgreen:

Igetting 2 piggies in but they are both girls so Norman wouldn't work!..if the bun doesn't have a name I try to think of something unusual..or relevant..ie Lindsey as Lindsey did the bunny run ( the gorgeous bun is now renamed Honey! :D )

Pac-man, Frogger, Gauntlet, Tetris, Pong ( :? ) [may mean nothing to youngsters!]

Lion-O, Panthro, Tygra, Cheetara, Snarf [remember Thundercats?]

Pugh Pugh, Braney Ncgrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grub . .

. . oh dear, this is showing my age. . must go reminice :?

Back