• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to become your buns best friend... INSTANTLY! :P

peediepixie

Mama Doe
Yesterday I thought I'd give Eddie and Elsa a treat so i brought them out a few pieces of dried papaya. They took it straight from my hand :shock: :D !! Now everytime I go near the hutch they come running up to see me to see if I have any thing else for them! I obliged by bringing out a few strawbs and some cauliflower stalk and leaves, I am a very popular bunny mummy at the moment :lol: :lol: Its so nice for them to be getting more friendly and trusting with me :D

peediepixie said:
Yesterday I thought I'd give Eddie and Elsa a treat so i brought them out a few pieces of dried papaya. They took it straight from my hand :shock: :D !! Now everytime I go near the hutch they come running up to see me to see if I have any thing else for them! I obliged by bringing out a few strawbs and some cauliflower stalk and leaves, I am a very popular bunny mummy at the moment :lol: :lol: Its so nice for them to be getting more friendly and trusting with me :D

Awwwwww that is great news :D :D :D :D so pleased :D

Ted and Dougal get extremely excited when they see my shopping bags, they must know its all for them!

Doesn't help when I pull out a carrot for them I suppose!

my buns are my bestest friends when they hear the rattle rattle of a food packet, any food packet :shock: they love dried blueberries, cranberries and raisins :D you will never see two bunnies move so fast as Gypsy and Storm when blue berries are involved :lol: :lol:

Oooh I'll have to get some! My new bun Evee is still quite nervous as whenever I go to her it's either to spray her (coo her doan) groom her (she gets EVERYTHING in her coat) or put her back in her hutch. I've tried sittin with her for a long time and feeding her things (she never got veg or anythign at her last home, even grass is exciting for her!) so I shall ahve to try papaya, she might like me a bit more!

Talking of spraying rabbits - I armed myself with cool water spray bottle on Saturday and went out to cool the hot buns down - they HATED it!! I carried on regardless and gave them a few gentle squirts, but they did NOT look impressed, and both scuttered as far away from me possible!
Does anyone else's buns react like this? I felt quite bad! I put frozen bottles in for them but they don'r bother lying near them.

Back