• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

mmmm - what do you think?

Dobbin

Mama Doe
MAny of you know how i felt about Dobbin today and worrying whether he would be ok! Well the good news is he was, actually i think he had a whale of a time! He ate up all his hay, played with his toys had a good chew on his willow sticks and mineral blocks and chewed his wooden house!!! He also had a drink. I dont think he ate any of his pellets though! Anyway when i went to pick him up, i went straight to him when i walked in the door he didnt run or anything. He was a bit panicy when i picked him up but i think that was because i didn t have a hand under his bum!! Anyway - he was a bit fidggety each time i moved my hand, i couldn't really tell if he was desparate for me to not put him down or wanting me to ut him down!! What you think? Then i put him outside in the run, and i sat next to him on a chair reading my post, he was in run i was next to it. Anyway he was eating grass, jumping around, laying by the fence next to me, playing with his toys and standing in his water bowl!! Then when i picked him up to put him into bed he really snuggled into me he laid along my arm which hehas never done before!! I know i being a pain, but what do you think? Do you think he likes me? Are these signs of affection. Playing out in his run with he so close and laying across my arm he has never done before. When he was laying in my arm i was stroking him and his eyes were half closed!!

Sorry to be a Pain!

I am a virgin bunny keeper and need re asuring sorry!!!

Sue
xx

I think he wuvs his mummy! :D
Most buns don't like the initial picking up stage but it sounds like he handled it pretty well considering how new to each other you are.
He sounds like a very happy bunny if you ask me!
A big thumbs up.

You're not being a pain at all... it's lovely to hear your bunny stories! :D
Aww he really really likes you, sounds like he's been having a brilliant time! :love: What a great bunny mummy you are!! :mrgreen:

Lucky moo! The best I get is a nip from one of my giants lol! My boy giant gives me full out hugs (puts his paws on my shoulders) but mainly if I smell of girl bunnies! My other two buns are quite new so are still getting used to me. You're loved!

Lucky you!! My 4 hate being handled and the best I can usually hope for is a quick nose rub! :roll:

Also you are not a pain at all....... we were all 'Virgin Bunny Keepers' once! I've only got my 1st bun, Sooty, in October last year and since then I have taken on a rescue bun, looked after an unexpected litter of kits and now have a bonded family of 4!

Thank you all very much, he was a bit funny with me when i got home today, i dont think he has eaten anything, do you think he knows we are off to the vet shortly!! I feel nervous - and i am having nothing done!!

Sue
xx

Back