• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

someones been enjoying the heat

touie

Wise Old Thumper
while the rest of us have been sweltering, Splosh and Spook have been having a great time outside in the pond!
Here's Spook
july06006.jpg

and the pond couldnt get one of Splosh, they keep hiding from me, probably think I'm going to put them back in their tank again :lol:
july06007.jpg

july06008.jpg

this is the first summer they've been left out overnight, I'll have to bring them in if the air temperature gets below 25 C during the day though, no idea how I'll catch them, think I'll need to get my wetsuit on :shock: :lol:

Gorgeous pond!!!

I want a pond but mum knows i only want it to drown my brothers in it :lol:
Im sure splosh is just camera shy!

Are they terripins? (sp)

think terrepins and turtles are the same thing. Spook is a cooter turtle and Splosh is a map turtle

here's one I took of Splosh a while ago in their tank
may06051.jpg

erm sorry disagree. Tortoises spend time on land, then there are water turtles split into 2 main groups. semi aquatic turtles like box turtles for example which, spend alot of time on the land as well as water, then there are aquatic turtles like the basking turtles, such as maps, cooter, sliders, diamond back terrepins etc... terrepin is just another name for a freshwater turtle :)

Back