• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think this is SICK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy

Wise Old Thumper
I joined this forum recently because I believed that I would gain valuable knowledge and information from the many like minded rabbit lovers who I thought used this site. I thought it would assist me in looking after the many rabbits that I have taken into my care, some permanant and some temporary

What I saw today has thoroughly upset and offended me, I am talking about the thread called "funny video" in this section which is Rabbit Chat, I looked at this so called funny video to watch a rabbit trying to have sex with a cat whilst its owner who is doing the videoing is laughing hysterically at what he thinks is funny, it is clear that the cat is distressed as he looks hopefully at his owner for help, this is SICK

It is put on this site, I can only assume, for entertainment, WHY?

It would appear that nobody has objected to it, WHY?

I think I will resign from this forum, I am not interested in this kind os material, it does nothing for the welfare of animals!

Am I the only one who feels this way?

It might be worth discussing your feelings about that video with admin.

It would be a shame for you to leave the forum as its generally a fab place :(

I think the fact that no one has replied to the said topic shows no one thinks its very appropriate, please discuss your concerns with the admin and please dont leave because of it :(

It is quite obvious that it is pointless to complain to Admin as they have done nothing about it in the first instance.

They may not know its here? I do know they are so busy and I 'think' its only the 2 of them, this a big and busy forum to moderate.

It's possible that they've not been on the forum and seen it, there are a lot of threads here and only 2 admin people both of whom have lots of other things to do as well, they can't possibly read everything!

It's one of the reasons they recently introduced the little red exclamation mark in the top corner of the post, so if there is anything that you find offensive, you can let them know!! I have used this several times in the past and they have always dealt with the matter appropriately - it's just that they are not here all the time and can't deal with something they are not aware of!

snowy said:
It is quite obvious that it is pointless to complain to Admin as they have done nothing about it in the first instance.

Hiya Tamsin and Adele are quite busy and they don't read every post. There is a red button that you need to press is something offends you, this will report the post. This is a busy forum and they can't keep up with all the threads.

AlisonA said:
It's possible that they've not been on the forum and seen it, there are a lot of threads here and only 2 admin people both of whom have lots of other things to do as well, they can't possibly read everything!

It's one of the reasons they recently introduced the little red exclamation mark in the top corner of the post, so if there is anything that you find offensive, you can let them know!! I have used this several times in the past and they have always dealt with the matter appropriately - it's just that they are not here all the time and can't deal with something they are not aware of!

You beat me :lol:

I didn't like that video but it wouldn't put me off using this forum. Its a brilliant forum with loads of fab people with a lot of valuable information about rabbits. Everyone has a different sense of humour and i'm sure the person who posted that video clip didn't mean any offence!

Estelle said:
I didn't like that video but it wouldn't put me off using this forum. Its a brilliant forum with loads of fab people with a lot of valuable information about rabbits. Everyone has a different sense of humour and i'm sure the person who posted that video clip didn't mean any offence!

DITTO val

I'm sorry to say this, but this forum is great, and if you are going to let one little thing make you quit the forum then maybe you should leave. There are only two admins on this forum and they cant be everywhere at once or read every forum. Thats what the little red ! on every post if for. If you have a problem with a post you click that and explain why, then the admin will do something about it as soon as they have time. You don't make a whole thread complaining about it and saying because of that little thing you are branding the rest of us the same. The person who posted it probably thought it a bit of harmless fun, I don't think it was worth making such a fuss over. :|

We generally rely on the community to tell us if there is something inappropriate posted on the forum. When you let us know then we try to deal with it asap.

Posts are not checked before they go live so if we haven't delt with something then assume we haven't seen it and let us know.

The little ! button automatically emails us to notify us which posts been reported. If someones already reported a post you'll get a message saying so when you click the ! so you don't have to wonder if someones done it already.

Of course you're also welcome to PM us anytime :)

The members here are all part of a community and I don't think it's too much to ask that everyone helps out a bit looking after it :)

Tam

I never even saw that post :shock:
You cannot let one stupid post make you want to leave. This really is a wonderful place for all bunny lovers to be... I've had so much fun since I've joined! I've learnt loads about rabbits and have had help whenever needed... not to mention the great support given when someone has a problem or someones bunny has died. I find it quite offensive that you are assuming the rest of us on here are the same! :|
Personally I love it here :D You're always going to get the odd one or two inappropriate posts on any forum you go on... just ignore it!

Gem said:
I didn't see it either :?
It got deleted last night, I saw it. It deffinatly wouldn't have stopped me using the forum. It's just one silly video. I find it more offencive that they would kick up such a fuss as if we are all like that and do things like that than the actual video itself

Well I have been really busy and not on much recently, so didnt see it, but as Tam and others have said, if I had seen it I would have reported it. As I dont have much time at the moment I tend to just click on 'posts since last visit' and scan down the list for anything I think I need to see, so I have only viewed a small number of posts. Please dont assume that because its there the rest of us agree with it

Its just one post out of many many wonderful informative, educational and supportive posts on here. I certainly wouldn't get worked up enough about that one to leave. I hope you decide to stay as this is a great forum.

Sorry to sound bad ...but I saw it and although didn't find it funny didn't think it needed reporting either...the poor girl who posted it must be feeling awful now....let's hope she doesn't stop coming on here either..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back