• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

occassional head tilt- does anyone elses bun do it?

Krispy85

Young Bun
Hiya, I've noticed over the past couple of days that sometimes when alfie sits down his head will tilt to the right and his right sholder tends to also tilt near the floor-(resembling someone whos falling asleep :? ). Should I worry about this? I'm concerned it may be E.cuniculi but wouldn't I expect to see him head tilting all the time? Could it be related to his denatal he had over a week ago?He is off to the vets tomorrow anyway for a post dental check up. Just wondering if anyone had a bun that does the same? If there was anything in particular I should ask the vet to check?
Thanks
Kristin and Alfie xxxx

Hiya.

I would ask your Vet to check Alfie's ears. Although head-tilt is not always a feature of an OUTER ear infection it can be.
As he has just had dental treatment stress may have triggered a flare-up of a latent Pasteurella infection. So middle ear infection is also a possibility.
Hopefully your Vet will be able to put your mind at rest. Please let us know how Alfie gets on.

Janex

Thanks for the advice. I will talk to the vet tommorrow about a possible ear infection. I was thimkimg that may be the cause, just I get rather paranoid about E.cuniculi after one of mine died from it before :cry: . I will let you know what the vet has to say.
Thanks again

Kristin and Alfie xxxx

Hello, Sorry only just been able to get online! Alfie went to the vet on monday and the vet was unsure exactly what could be the cause so I have to keep an eye on him and see if it gets any worse. Could be an inner ear infection but she didn't seem too bothered because he only does it sometimes. We will just have to wait and see what happens.
Kristin and Alfie xxxx

Back