• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can someone please tell me?

sharond

Warren Scout
I have a 13 week old house rabbit called George. He was virtually litter trained when we brought him home.
I have not had one wee accident on the carpet and hardly any poos on the carpet at all.
He actively hops sback to his indoor cage to his litter tray so it has been fab.

However, he is now big enough to hop onto the sofa to snuggle up by me, and as soon as he jumps on the sofa he starts pooing everywhere, we have had the occasional wee too on a cushion. As soon as he jusmps down no more poos!!!!!

Just wondered if anyone knows why this is?

Thanks for your help :D

it sounds as though he's becoming a teenager. His hormones have kicked in and he's marking territory. getting him neautered may help with this :D my storm used to actually spray me with wee before he was done :shock:

Thanks, Yes I am going to get him neutered when he's about 17 weeks old.
I just wondered why he only does it on the sofa :roll: :D

I have no idea why our bunnies choose the places they do, maybe they choose it because it smells of us? Storm used to wee on my bed :shock: ( sometimes with me in it! :shock: )

When I got my baby bunny.....
She only ever went on the sofa .... we then put a waterproof blanket on it... tries to litter train her elsewhere....
finally got her to go in a litter tray but it HAD to be on the sofa...
we've tried and tried to get her to go elsewhere, but nope it hass to be on the sofa!
I know that probably doesnt fill you with much confidence... maybe neutering will help but then again maybe thats just his spot.!

You might need to give him another litter tray, and begin by placing it near the sofa, hopefully he will begin to use it, and as he does, you can gradually move it further away from the sofa to a more "appropriate" place. most buns need two litter trays. :D

Dougal does this too.

He jumps up on the sofa and has a wee, then jumps down.
He is now banned from the sofa!

Thanks everyone. Nice to know I'm not alone!!!! I'll try a second litter tray, failing that there may be a sofa ban :wink:

He is so perfect at using his tray when he's anywhere else.

Molly took to weeing on my bed for a while. seems to have stopped now. I figured it sort of reeked of me and so he's want to mark it more than anywhere else. I guess the same goes for a sofa?

Back