• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House rabbit or outside rabbit?

Are your buns house rabbits or do they live outside?

• Live indoors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Live outdoors

• Both

• Total voters

xEMMAx

Warren Veteran
I was just wondering who keeps their buns inside and whos live outside... my mum, dad, nan, gran, aunt and uncle don't think it's right to keep bunnies as indoor pets, but I think different... I know quite a few people on here to have house bunnies so I'm doing this poll to prove them wrong :p Then hopefully I'll be able to let Clio and Jasper live indoors :D I hate them being outside but I don't have any other choice at the moment :(

So what are your thoughts? :?

Mine are outdoors because they get a lot more space to run around. I think its nice to have indoor bunnies but mine will nibble anything and I don't want my whole house eaten away! :shock: :lol: :lol:

I've tried loads of times asking my parents if my buns can live inside but they've never given in! :( :lol: I do like having Ruby and Millie outside though as they get more space and excercise plus they are alot more active outside (if I bring them inside they just sit on the sofa the whole time. :roll:) The only bit that annoys me is that I hardly see them in the winter. :(

Mine live indoors in my bedroom and I wouldn't have it any other way :D OK, they can be a bit destructive and messy, but it's lovely to see them all the time and to even wake up next to a fuzzy little face :lol: I love the way the follow me around and run to greet me when I get out of bed or open my( bunnies) room door. They are so friendly and cheeky and have formed such a strong bond with me. They have toys all over the room and the room looks like it belongs to a small child but I don't care :lol:
They do get to play outside too, they had a big run that was stolen :cry: but I'm working on getting a new one :D

Luckily neither of mine chew so I think they'd be good indoor bunnies! :lol:

sparklefairy said:
Mine live indoors in my bedroom and I wouldn't have it any other way :D OK, they can be a bit destructive and messy, but it's lovely to see them all the time and to even wake up next to a fuzzy little face :lol: I love the way the follow me around and run to greet me when I get out of bed or open my( bunnies) room door. They are so friendly and cheeky and have formed such a strong bond with me. They have toys all over the room and the room looks like it belongs to a small child but I don't care :lol:
They do get to play outside too, they had a big run that was stolen :cry: but I'm working on getting a new one :D

Awwww that's so cute!! :love: Mine are going to live in my room when my mum goes on holiday this month for 2 weeks :lol: :D
I'll be ok... my room looks like a childs room anyway, I have so many cuddly toys and random Disney kiddy things everywhere! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:

colliewoman said:
i didnt know what to vote for as mine live in the outhouse AKA the bunny house :D

Aww :D I'd classify that as both I think... sort of indoors, sort of outdoors :lol: :lol:

My current bunny lives indoors, I've had three out side bunnies before, two dutches who had a shed which they shared with gps and I used to love those bunnies, I used to go sit with them. Then I had a nethie who lived in a hutch in the garden and had the run of the garden, but I never felt I bonded with her much and after that didn't think I'd get another rabbit.

Now I have an indoor bunny and I appreciate him much more. It's so nice having him indoors he's like a cat, I think his personality shows much more and I love having him with me all the time. I don't think I'll keep buns outside again unless I get lots. :p

Mine live indoors. They have a cage in the hallway/kitchen, but they have free run of the hallway and kitchen all the time and the lounge when we're in. The do get to go out in the garden when it is nice, but are always eager to come back in for their tea.....

Having them indoors makes them really feel like part of the family - they're my babies..... :D

Rudy lives indoors but has daily access to the garden. He craves attention so couldnt bare to have him back in the shed where he was when he first arrived here.

Chester lives outside and loves it. He has full run of the house and garden and is often found laying on the cool kitchen tiles sunning himself.

I kind of gave him the option in that I set up an area for him in the house but with access to the hutch in the garden. I waited to see where he preferred and he always hopped out to his hutch :lol:

Its great at the moment as we are actually having a summer for a change, but come winter he may well move indoors :)

George lives inside, but has time in his big run outside every day.
He loves being with us in the evening when we are all in the lounge. He is definitely part of the family.

Evo is a house bunny, but all my previous bunnies have lived outdoors. I love having an indoor bunny, there's so much more interaction with him, and he's by far the tamest bunny I've ever had.

I have 5 outside and one inside. I think my inside bunny would prefer to live out too but I only have a small garden and can't fit another run in it :(

I have tried them all living in at various times and Amy (my present house bun) is the only one whos well behaved! :shock:

Fudge, also pretty good but can't be trusted with people :shock:
Niamh, quite clean but will eat any material she can find!
Splodge, carpet monster
Toffee and Caramel, poo and wee everywhere which is odd as they're very tidy in their shed :?

I think, generally speaking, that bunnies are better off outside. I could never inagine Bobby and Ruby as inside bunnies ( well, I did try Bobby once - it lasted two days :roll: ) as they love the fresh air, and doing bunny things. Salt and Pepper are the same.
Squidgy is only inside because he's a very person bunny - the first thing he did on being inside as to jump up on the settee to sit with me. He's got no incisors as well, so needs a bit of special care.

Technically ( I use the term lightly lol) mines an outside bunny....
the winter we just had she was inside... I didnt want her getting too cold :roll: but now shes back outside while I am at work and to sleep in... the rest of the time shes free range ... and will be permanently sleeping outside at night when she gets her new man :)

My 12 are indoor. They go out for an hour or so a few times a week though (when I'm there to supervise).

If it was my house and not my parents, they'd all be indoor, they all take turns in staying in over winter, and the guineas come in when the fireworks are bad.

Both of mine are indoors. Purely as I would worry about them being outside cus of the risk of foxes :(

Plus, I love them being inside as I see them all the time and they enjoy the company. Sophie was always going to be an indoor bun as she was going to be an only bun and I wanted her to have company, hence why she lives in the living room. Then when Rudy came along, I wanted him with Sophie and Sophie doesn't even like it outside now. I put her out for the fresh air, but I wouldn't say she loves being outside.

And I know that come winter, I wouldn't want to be sitting outside in the cold cleaning them out, and I wanted the buns to have loads of interaction and attention.

And anyways, it ace to watch your bunny run around the house!!! :lol:

Back