• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Forensic investigators please!

Don't worry my bunny didn't pass away.

When I got up this morning my rabbits cage had a blood splatter/spray leading from the door way to the cage outwards about 4' and also off to the left about 2' it is very strange. There was blood everywhere but I couldn't find any blood or cuts anywhere on my rabbit. There were some small drops inside the cage about 5cm in from the edge but that was it. The pattern of the drops were as it they came out from the cage and not the other way around. I'm almost possitive it was blood because I've had to clean up his urine sprays before and this was very red and I don't keep any red liquids near my buns cage and it was too solid in colour to be a drink of some sort and the spray way too fine.

What is it from?

Check the hocks and also for broken toe nails. If they bleed and the rabbit kicks that would spray. You're unlikely to see blood on the bun as they wash a lot.

Tam

Check the hocks and also for broken toe nails. If they bleed and the rabbit kicks that would spray. You're unlikely to see blood on the bun as they wash a lot.

Tam

Good point, I checked his feet but not his nails, I recently clipped his nails too so maybe something has happened like I've cut really close to the vein and then he has broken off a bit, and maybe it didn't spray, maybe it was him constantly walking around and everywhere the nail hit it left a drop.

Are you sure it's blood and not dark pee as when my buns spray their pee it goes EVERYWHERE as you described.

It is like tomato red. I took some pics before I cleaned it up so I will post them later.

I just realised the nail doesn't describe some of the blood because some of it was in areas he doesn't have access to. I have a puppy pen going across half of the room and some of it was on the other side of it.

Back