• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Devestated - Missing Bunny!!!

Hi guys

im in absolute termoil at the mo!!!

yesterday i let speckle (my little blind nethie) and chloe have a run about the shed. i left for work at 7.30am and they were both there when i left 100% (as i have so many i have to do spot checks etc etc).

anyway... i came home yesterday eve from work, checked on bunnies and no speckle!!!!! but chloe was there. after lots of hunting around (there arent a lot of places to hide in there) she was definatly missing from the shed.

the thing that gets me though is how???? im so upset... there are no clues to her disapperence and my mind keeps wondering, the shed door was shut (its a stable door and the top was left open)

when i got back the mesh curtain that was up was half way down. chloe was there but no speckle so im wondering if something has taken her. there was no fur or blood and i can only assume that because chloe can see, so she was able to hide and speckle being blind didnt have a clue what was going on and couldnt hide, im assuming she was taken by an unwelcome thing (human or fox???). it wouldve been in the day as well.

i would be more happier if i saw blood and fur because at least then i wouldve known what had happend to her, its this not knowing that is driving me mad!!!!

ive called vets and put posters up and nothing

do you think another animal could have taken her? its strange how just now its happend as for 3 years ive benn leaving that stable door open

ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

im so mad

ooh nooo.. im soo sorry.. thats so awful for you :( :( I dont know what to suggest :(
I know what you mean about the not knowing... when i was a teenager my pet rabbit vanished from the garden and i never did find him or any trace of him being taken :( Big Hugs

Aww I'm so so sorry... I don't know what to say! :( It must be terrible having that happen, I can't begin to imagine how you're feeling at the moment :cry: Lots of hugs to you xx

i really dont know what to do, i keep going out looking for her and im in tears all the time.

i really want to know what has happened to her. how can 1 vanish like that and leave the other bunnie behind. i just dont get it!!!!!

god...i hate not knowing - all my other buns in the shed no what went on - i do wish they could speak english sometimes!!!

she was so little and wouldnt hurt a fly, and with her being blind is making me worse, as she couldnt have known what was goin on. she only turned 1 year old 2 weeks ago!!!

i miss her so much already...

I'm so sorry ....if she is a small bunny could have been a sparrowhawk..they are getting much braver and I've seen one sitting on top of the rabbits sheds a few times...I never put the buns out without lids on the runs....
Hope this turns out to be a false alarm and she turns up safe and well

are the others stressed? like really jumpy or anything unusual?
I would have said could he have jumped it.. but seeing as he's blind i would guess thats an impossibility. :(

the others actually seem ok. i wish i had put cctv in the shed now, i was going to a few weeks ago, but as were going on holiday i thought id get it when we got back.

i dont think it couldve been kids as i went round to all my neighbours and asked if they had seen her and they said no, you have rabbits do you? so i said yes, 14. oh i didnt know that. i thought they wouldve all known as im out there all the time, the bunnies are in the garden and for 3 years my neighbours have never knew a thing :lol:

OMG I am so sorry :cry:
You've got me really stumped here! I really have no idea what it could have been either!

Good luck and I will keep your little man in my thoughts

xxx

Oh no, what a nightmare for you :cry: :cry:

I don't know what to suggest ... I hope you find some answers soon - or even better, your bunny :cry:

~~Big hugs~~

So sorry to hear this - I am paranoid about our stable door as I am sure the dog could get in if he really wanted to or a local cat. Could it have been a cat?

If it was a hawk its doubtful you would see any evidence. It would have just landed ontop of the bun and took off again with it :(
An ex kept birds of prey and they are suprisingly clean with their food.

Im sorry this has happened, could you put tough netting across it so you can still get in and out? Maybe even attach shiny bits of CD's or something to it to put any birds off?

no nothing... i think she has gone for good :(

she was such a sweet bunny - i will miss her terribly and i think chloe is as well.

i really wish i knew what went on...

I have only just felt able to post on this thread. I read it early today and was just devastated for you :cry:
I still have no idea what to say. Please forgive my delayed response. I guess I just hoped some comforting words would come. All I can say is that I am so sorry. Inadequate words, I know...

:cry: :cry:

Janex

thats ok jane, i never know what to say either. it may sound funny but i hardly ever read the threads on rainbow bridge. i did a few times and each time i ended up crying!!

thank you everyone for your kind words - it means a lot.

i really think she has gone now and i will never know where, shes just been snatched from me. whats making it worse for me is the fact that she was blind and couldnt protect herself and i wasnt there for her - for all she knew she probably thought it was me picking her up!!!

i am really so gutted and chloe is looking a bit miserable aswell. i dont know whether it is too early to find her a new mate or whether now is the best time???

in my heart i no speckle wont be coming back

here she is my gorgeous little nethie

speckle3.jpg

chloeandspeckle.jpg

chloeandspeckle2.jpg

awwwspeckle.jpg

Its probably something you've already done but have you checked your garden throughly and maybe under the shed/behind the shed, in case something did grab her and she was dropped and has scurried to safety?

I know how you feel though Honey just vanished one day, no trace and I truely believe she was stolen.

I'm so sorry, big hugs coming to you and Chloe

Back