• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

needs a friend

heleng

New Kit
Hi all,
I have a wonderful house rabbit called Morph. I got him as a bit of a reject because the shop where my freind worked couldn't sell him because he snezzed all the time, the sneezing soon stopped and now he's perfect. I am however a bit concerned that he gets lonely when me and my house mate are out. I have been contemplating getting him neutered and getting him a friend so I've been looking at some of the rescue bunnies. I notice that a lot of rescue centers spay their female rabbits before they rehome them which has led me to wonder whether I need to get Morph neutered (I don't want to put him through the stress and risk of an opperation if it's unnessesary). I was wondering if any one has tried this sort of rabbit combination before, I'm a bit concerned that he might bother the female to much! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks, H

Hello, First of all Well Done for finding a place to learn all about Morph :D. I'd say definately neuter, If he is put with a female (speyed or not) he will harass her which will probabley end up in fighting. This would obviously be very upsetting for the doe :(. Also, They might not bond too easily either. Neutering isnt too much of a risky op at all, very much worth it :D :D Xx

Hiya.. yup id definitely agree with Becki and say get him neutered. If he isnt neutered it will be alot harder to bond and he may begin spraying urine around or bullying the female for 'a good time' :wink: :wink: which she might not appreciate :wink: Where in the world are you? Not heard of your location before :? :D

Diddeen said:
Where in the world are you? Not heard of your location before :? :D

I might be near(ish) to me, as I have heard of it a lot and Im def. not what you'd called geographical (dont even no the word :lol:). xx

I agree with the others... definitely get him neutered if you want to bond him with another bun, it wil be lots easier and it'll make them both happier :D

Diddeen said:
Where in the world are you? Not heard of your location before :? :D

Just a little bit North of Chester ;)

There's a great shopping outlet place there which I love... that's why I know :lol: :lol:

beckiboo186 said:
xEMMAx said:
I
There's a great shopping outlet place there which I love... that's why I know :lol: :lol:

That could well be my reason for recognising the name too :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Where abouts are you?

Both my little boys were neutered and recovered very quickly. I'd say get him done and let him choose a nice little spade rescue bunette :D

Rabswood

Back