PDA

View Full Version : Poor Bunny.

AprilShower
30-06-2006, 03:42 PM
A few days ago, I was going for a walk and it was a really hot day. When I was passing a house, I couldn't help noticing a gorgeous Dutch bunny in the garden. :love: But he was locked up in a tiny cage and it was such a hot day! The bunny was just standing there in his little cage, as though thinking what he did wrong to deserve this kind of treatment. :cry: Plus his/her owners were sitting in the garden talking away, just ignoring the poor bunny. :cry: I wish people cared more about their pets. :cry:

xEMMAx
30-06-2006, 03:47 PM
Awwwww! :( Poor little bun! :cry: I hate seeing animals like that :x If I'm in the garden the buns are ALWAYS out with me... and I put bowls of water all round the garden for them :D Hehe.

It's horrible the bun was trapped in a cage on a hot day... bless her/him :cry: :cry: Was there a run attached or was it just a hutch?

AprilShower
30-06-2006, 03:48 PM
Awwwww! :( Poor little bun! :cry: I hate seeing animals like that :x If I'm in the garden the buns are ALWAYS out with me... and I put bowls of water all round the garden for them :D Hehe.

It's horrible the bun was trapped in a cage on a hot day... bless her/him :cry: :cry: Was there a run attached or was it just a hutch?

Just a little cage. No run attached. :x :cry:

**Bonnie**
30-06-2006, 04:32 PM
i hate hearing things like that, i always think of the bunnies alone in small hutches when i go to sleep at night :cry:

Put a leaflet through their door about rabbit care or say you noticed their bunny in an extremely small cage!

I would!

Charliesangel
30-06-2006, 04:38 PM
Whenever I'm in the car or talking a walk I have a look out for bunnies like that :cry:
I'm so sorry you had to see one!! People are just horrid with their animals!

xxx

Wizbit
30-06-2006, 04:40 PM
Doesn't it make you soooo cross. i just feel like i am fighting a loosing battle trying to make people realise what beautiful intelligent little creatures bunnies are :x

raven_guest
30-06-2006, 04:46 PM
I'd put a leaflet through their door about the minimum requirements according toi the RSPCA, just don't let them see you!

beckiboo186
30-06-2006, 07:07 PM
Can't you say 'Oh my god that bunny is soo sweet, can i buy him off you ive been looking for one like that for ages (act thick lol)' then take him to a rescue? Or ... if shes a girl, Maybe Binks would like her :D Xx

Deelove
30-06-2006, 08:30 PM
Or be super sneaky and print of a bunch of care sheets and stick them through their neighbours too so that it looks like you aren't specifically targetting them.

A lot of people just don't know, they'll like see a rabbit in a single small cage in a petshop and assume that's the correct way to keep them.

:'(

xEMMAx
30-06-2006, 09:15 PM
I agree with what others have suggested about putting a leaflet through their door... maybe they just don't know what a rabbit really needs :)