• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Bunny.

AprilShower

Warren Veteran
A few days ago, I was going for a walk and it was a really hot day. When I was passing a house, I couldn't help noticing a gorgeous Dutch bunny in the garden. :love: But he was locked up in a tiny cage and it was such a hot day! The bunny was just standing there in his little cage, as though thinking what he did wrong to deserve this kind of treatment. :cry: Plus his/her owners were sitting in the garden talking away, just ignoring the poor bunny. :cry: I wish people cared more about their pets. :cry:

Awwwww! :( Poor little bun! :cry: I hate seeing animals like that :x If I'm in the garden the buns are ALWAYS out with me... and I put bowls of water all round the garden for them :D Hehe.

It's horrible the bun was trapped in a cage on a hot day... bless her/him :cry: :cry: Was there a run attached or was it just a hutch?

xEMMAx said:
Awwwww! :( Poor little bun! :cry: I hate seeing animals like that :x If I'm in the garden the buns are ALWAYS out with me... and I put bowls of water all round the garden for them :D Hehe.

It's horrible the bun was trapped in a cage on a hot day... bless her/him :cry: :cry: Was there a run attached or was it just a hutch?

Just a little cage. No run attached. :x :cry:

i hate hearing things like that, i always think of the bunnies alone in small hutches when i go to sleep at night :cry:

Put a leaflet through their door about rabbit care or say you noticed their bunny in an extremely small cage!

I would!

Whenever I'm in the car or talking a walk I have a look out for bunnies like that :cry:
I'm so sorry you had to see one!! People are just horrid with their animals!

xxx

Doesn't it make you soooo cross. i just feel like i am fighting a loosing battle trying to make people realise what beautiful intelligent little creatures bunnies are :x

I'd put a leaflet through their door about the minimum requirements according toi the RSPCA, just don't let them see you!

Can't you say 'Oh my god that bunny is soo sweet, can i buy him off you ive been looking for one like that for ages (act thick lol)' then take him to a rescue? Or ... if shes a girl, Maybe Binks would like her :D Xx

Or be super sneaky and print of a bunch of care sheets and stick them through their neighbours too so that it looks like you aren't specifically targetting them.

A lot of people just don't know, they'll like see a rabbit in a single small cage in a petshop and assume that's the correct way to keep them.

:'(

I agree with what others have suggested about putting a leaflet through their door... maybe they just don't know what a rabbit really needs :)

Back