• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What does this mean? What can I do?

mtoyah

Warren Scout
I bought home a new boy rabbit on Tuesday. I already have a boy and a girl.

After letting them all smell each other for a while I put them together in a small area to test the water. The boy rabbit sniffed him and is not bothered by him at all and last night he laid next to the new boy, who was frozen on the sofa after little madam laid down who's boss.

Poor thing had her pooing all around his cage whilst he was in it then pushing her nose in and causing a fuss. When I let him out she chased him and pulled out a clump of fur. This happened several times so I put them both in a run together and she didn't bother him, but the moment I let them out she chased him across the room and pulled out more fur.

Believe me I am takig it slowly but I just wanted people's thoughts. There has been no blodd shed and it's only her having a go and chasing him. He keeps running from her and srtamps his foot if she's near.

He got so scared last night poor boy that he froze when even the other boy came to say hello.

Little madam smudge even had a small bicker with Twix with whom she is bonded, but I think it was more of how dare you speak to him behaviour. They have never fought before.

She is becoming a territorial little lady and I am amazed as she was so submissive with Twix. I think it's because she is boss and wants new boy to get the idea.

Any suggestions etc would be great!! I know it wil pass soon but I don't want the poor boy to be frightened!!

It was neutral territory! She's a little horror! I managed to successfully bond her with Twix without a hitch now she's being a madam!!

All 3 are neutered.

I am pretty sure she is just defending her territory but just trying to find away to get her to calm down!!

I tried a bit of cookie which she normally goes mad for but she was just ignoring me. I got out strawberries, grapes, herbs etc but all she wnated to eat was him!

Poor boy is too scared to move; he just freezes up and stamps his foot and growls!

Back