• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fox worries

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
IMG_0258.jpg

A fox was seen across from my sisters this morning. :shock: :shock:
this is her run . she is worried it might find a way in .
The only worrying points are the plastic sheets which make up the roof . The pieces over lap . could the fox pull them up and get in that way .? :?
and there is a gap of about 2 . 5 inches between the garage wall which makes one side of the run and the roof . would the fox be able to get up there and pull the panels and get between the roof and wall . :?

she has used the run for the last 2 years day and night and never had any bother but is now very worried .
there realy isnt any way to fill the gap as her neighbour will not let her fix anything to the garage :? :evil: :?

If a fox really wanted to, sadly I think it could :cry: I would be inclined to try and put another layer of mesh (or maybe solid panels like the pws ones of puppy pen panels underneath the plastic. Or would it be possible to buy a small electric fence and wire that up around and over the roof?

If a fox really wanted to, sadly I think it could I would be inclined to try and put another layer of mesh (or maybe solid panels like the pws ones of puppy pen panels underneath the plastic. Or would it be possible to buy a small electric fence and wire that up around and over the roof?

oh my :shock: :cry:
will pass on the idea of electric fence .
sadly dont think hubby will be pleased with either idea :(

please advise your sister to do all she can.

is there mesh on the side the garage is on? That would help i would think.

fox worries

I really would NOT trust this set-up as although it looks safe I think a fox would be able to get in :( most have cubs at this time (i have been watching the ones running round my garden today)which will make them desperate to feed their babies & much bolder than usual :(

i think she needs to make the roof safer, maybe attaching wood across it.

i double very much a fox could squeeze down a 2.5 inche gap - could they??

what a worry :( i would advise her to attach wire across the top underneath the plastic panels as sadly I think a fox would not have too much of a problem getting in that roof ...again the worry is if a fox got on top of the adjoining garage roof and jumped onto the rabbit run's roof would it take the weight?..Would the owner of the garage let your sister put some gripper rod on top of his roof? might help deter them...
....other than that tell your sister to get a big dog and keep it outside at night!

thanks for all your suggestions . it realy is a worry .
the roof would def take the weight of a fox and it is quite strong but it is also a bit flexible ...hence the worry it may pull it up . :shock: :?

Back