• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jane was right! Clove has teeth probs! :(

Beebop

Warren Veteran
A wee while back Clove choked and Jane said it might be due to a probem, so when in getting their vhd jabs the next day the vet said they may need to be grinded down, she choked again and while getting their Myxi jab today the vet said she was gonna have to book her in.

Her teeth are not sitting straight and so aren't grinding down properly causing them to be quite sharp, and so clove isn't chewing her food properly. :(

I only trust that vet and the next day she is free is next Thursday so she is going in. I am bringing Fudge in with her so as not to spilt them up, that should be okay shouldn't it?

Do you guys think this will be an ongoing thing every few weeks?

Clove will be much happier if Fudge can go in to the Vets too :D
If Clove has a true malocclusion then she is likely to need regular dentals. Some Bunnies need them every 6-8 weeks some can go for longer.
If, however, Clove's teeth are a problem due to an inappropriate diet (too much pellet feed/not enough hay/grass) then once her teeth are done and her diet corrected she may well not need any more dental treatment. Catching the problem early can avoid aquired dental disease.
I have had a few Buns for whom this was the case. One dental, a hay based diet and all was well for the rest of their life.
:D :D

Janex

Awwww poor wee Clove, she will be far happier if her partner goes with her and she will be alot happier once her teeth are sorted XXX

The thing is she has a diet of like 75-80% good quailty hay and then has the House rabbit association RDA of pellets and the rest is veggies, so I too am hoping this isn't a regular thing, but as she has a good diet I am a bit worried this may not be the case, poor girl. :cry:

Yeah thats what i thought, at least I caught it early enough before it started to give her pain.

Back