• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buying Rabbit hutch for Giants

pixie

Warren Scout
Im after a 5 - 6ft hutch. we built the last one ourselves as they are so hard to find.Has anyone come across a online hutch shop that deals in this size?? The biggest i have found is 4ft which is not big enough.One of my buns hutches is 6ft 6 ! I need around 5ft one

The 6ft ones from Happyhutch are great. They cost £99 including shipping from ebay.
Thats what I have :D And the main part of the garden during the day - I wouldn't want to be in it all day :?

Pets at home have a new range. They have a flat pack 5.4*2.4*2.? for £99. Have a look at their website. I don't think they deliver but if you have a store nearby....

bunny hutch

Thanks i will look into it.
My rabbits only sleep in their hutch.I let them out all day to run in the garden - they are too big to get out! Ive looked at shop ones but they are too small .I ll check out the two above .Ironically its only temporary til they are bonded and can sleep together as my big hutch is over 6ft .

Most of the time, giant breeds have to have a hutch that is bigger than any other hutch available commercially. I would resort to making a homemade one :wink:

--Kiya--

Umm, 5-6' isn't big enough for an adult giant! You want a minimum of about 8'x3'. Remember they're long as well as big so you need a wider hutch so they can turn around.

To be honest the cost of a hutch that big is probably more than a shed, so unless you particular want to pay for a custom hutch build then I'd go for a shed.

Tam

xbunsandkids031.jpg

my 2 giant buns live in this converted playhouse .

Angie

Yep, you'd be best off budget wise getting a shed, most hutches aren't long enough, or tall enough to comfortably house a giant, even if it's just to sleep in.

Back