• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i have 2 really NERVOUS bunsters!

baby boi minx

Young Bun
i have 3 rescued bunnies! i have had them for about 2years there are all from the blue cross. there is * rosie* *tigger* & *smodge* rosie is da muma and tigger and smodge are her bunsters rosie is 6 and tigger and smodge are 3 ish. rosie is really tame!! but her babies are NOT TAME they h8 me :( ... i just have given up for the last past yrs.. but now i found this site. people may be able to help me!!! xxxxxx ( i hope) i would really love them to be in the house with us and minxy ! soooooooo... eny advice to help get ma bunnis helping me would be FAB!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx love the crew xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What sort of set up do they live in? How much time do you spend with them?
Bobby and Ruby are my big bunnies and tehy are very skittish. I've been sitting with them in their run, hand feeding them their greens and just generally them used to me being around, without trying to pcik them up. They come across for nose rubs now.
Take it a step at a time, sit down and read a book, completely ignoring them and they'll soon come to check you out!
Some bunnies are not destined to be house bunnies and are much happier outside.

Just remember trust is earnt...most buns don't like being handled much and get scared if they are - an inappropriate handling session can make a bun scared for life :(

One suggestion, though... buns are really nosey :p .... one of my buns is a scardy bun..... i just spent time sitting on the floor near him and doing stuff (even just reading the paper!) - and most importantly just ignoring him. Over time curiosity got the better of him :p :p

Patience - and work at their speed, not yours.

Good luck
x

How's it going? Have you been sitting with them? I love it when bunnies sniff you over, and chin rub you. It's very cute!

Back