• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Query

mtoyah

Warren Scout
I bought home a new bunny last night ( a male) and introduced him to my male and female bonded pair.

Oddly enough the male rabbit isn't at all obthered by him and has been curious, sniffing him and even licking him. It's the girl that's a bit apprehensive.

She keeps approaching him then hopping off and there was no fighting or anything for the first hour, but then she had a go and pulled some of his fur when he sniffed her. After that he kept stamping his foot because he was scared poor chap and then later they both starled each other, leapt into the air and ran in opposite directions.

No fur flew or anything or any biting/blood etc, but new bun is a bit scared and keeps stamping his foot when they approach him now and she's a bit wary.

She was there first out of all of them so I think it's a territory thing, but I'm just amazed as I thought the two boys would fight!!

They are all neutered and good natured. When we got the first boy, Smudge was very submissive but curious. Now she's a bit stroppy! Thought she would love the male attention.

Even so, I am pleased at how it went as it was the first night and there was no major fight just a little bickering!

Any thought anyone?!!

Back