• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How happy can a buuny make you?

Kay

Mama Doe
I have to write in amongst all the sadness lately just to show appreciation for our furry friends.

Chester is the most fullfilling animal I have ever had the joy to have. He is an amazing character and I swear he thinks he is a dog!! :lol: It might sound dumb but I feel a real connection with Rabbits, I have had lots of pets over the years but none have given me the happiness that rabbits do.

I got him from that dreadful bird aviary place on the 6th May, he was balding, had fleas, mites, and sores from being pecked at by the birds. You would never know now looking at him.

He dashes round the garden jumping and twisting for joy. He hops over to anyone who goes outside just to see who they are and what they are upto. He runs about with a piece of newspaper in his mouth, waving it as if to say 'woohoo look at me I am being cute again'.

It is so sad to hear of all the losses lately so I just wanted to show my respect to buns. They are fantastic creatures, funny and clever. I just love them all! :wink:

That is lovely!

I have only had rabbits for a year and i will ALWAYS have rabbits.

Alfie, my hansome harlequine lop whic i got for my birthday, is sooo friendly, we have a very special bond, maybe because he was my first bunny. he makes me laugh so much and cheers me up when i am sad. He follows me around and does crazy bunky's int he garden!

Holly is my beautiful rescue bunny, she adores Alfie and loves a nose rub. She also is a little madam sometimes which makes her so cute!

when they are out in the garden and they hear the back door go they race around to see me, i usually give them a little treat and they bunny hop away.

I spend hours in the garden watching them playing and being free until they exhaust themselves and take themselfs back to their hutch for a sleep and nibble on hay!

My bunnies are like children to me. I love them all so much, and the best time of my day is spent with the bunnies.
Squidgy is our house bun, and he's been with me for four years. We've been through a lot together, and he follows me round the house and grooms me to death!
Bobby and Ruby are my big bruiser bunsters, and they are not cuddly buns, but are getting friendlier. Ruby is my binky queen and Bobby my big soft loppy eared one!
Salt and Pepper are my newest bunnies, but I cannot imagine life without them. They are such good bunnies and do everything together.
My o/h has never had animals, but he's completely converted to the bunny way of life. He's fastidious about cleanliness, but thinks nothing of picking up bunny poos now :D He's also very concerned about rabbit welfare and spreads the word about RR and RU - such is the power of the bun!

Thank god... there are other people out there who feel the same. If I have to listen to one more person make a quip about rabbit pie and say they are dumb when they know I much I love them, I will scream!

Thankyou for posting this....
There has been so much sadness on here lately with the loss of so many bunnies... It's nice to sit and think just how preciously wonderful they are.
I have been a bunny owner for nearly a year now and I think I am completley converted...
Her boyfriend will arrive in a few weeks and I get to watch 2 of them running round the house and the garden and playing together and everything I just cant wait- Rabbits are amazingly fantastic and funny and loving and just the best!

What a lovely thread :D

I work in a London law firm surrounded by non animal-loving MORONS ... it is so nice to get back to Kent and be in the company of my two house buns. Last night they were playing chase in the garden (you know bun HYPER SPEED :lol: ) and my boyfriend and I were in HYSTERICS!!! You can watch them for hours can't you!

Such wonderful creatures :D

I LOVE bunnies, I've had them for 12 years now and I seriously couldn't imagine living without them! When they die, to me it feels like a family member has died. I think they are wonderful... so cute and it's lovely just watching them run around having fun :D
I love this forum because it's filled with other people who actually understand all this! :lol: :love:
After all the sadness of bunnies passing away recently, it makes you realise how special our rabbits actually are :)

Bunnies to me....after today i don't like them......i love them!!!

Bindi boxed me and Maya thumped at me....naughty ickle bunnies they are.

Bindi is my daily entertainment. She races around the run, sits there looking innocent and just when you think you are safe *smack*!!!!YOu have two hairy paws thumping on your hand!! I wouldn't have her any other way, and its only cos shes been spoilt!!!

Maya is my cuddle monkey. He always wants cuddles, and jumps straight up on to my shoulderto be really close!! He always sits nicely to listen to me moaning about work etc.

When my beloved bun died three years ago I said I'd never have another! Now I have several lol. They make me laugh, they're the main cause of any worry and they make me have a heart attack at least 6 times a day, btu I wouldn't be without them. I also forgot about the fortune they cost, but it's more than worth it, wish they spoke English so they understood how much we love them!

This is a really nice message and it's very true. I've been very stressed out lately because of getting into debt, worrying about uni results and moving back home, and Molly has kept me sane and happy and given me something to focus on.

Back