• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rowans babies!

hunnybun

Mama Doe
Rowan's babies are 3 days old, I checked them tonight and two are large with full bellies, the other 2 are half the size and one of them has some of the nest twisted round it's little leg and it looks deformed! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: how do I make sure the two weaker babies get fed as well as the big babies? :(

Sad to say but best to let nature take its course.
If Mum is used to greens then these are good for her milk production

Louisa

loulouembers said:
Sad to say but best to let nature take its course.
If Mum is used to greens then these are good for her milk production

Louisa

she has lots of milk and is eating a good diet :D

Sounds like you are doing all you can, Kath had a similar post - the pics were awful of the weaker baby but now at 3 weeks it is smaller but doing fine so fingers crossed

Louisa

The babies are all still alive and well! to be honest I expected at least one of the little ones to have died in the night :(

so another day and another day to get stronger :)

Sometimes they'll really surprise you, runts in litters can grow up to be the strongest, if they do have things twisted around them, they'll need taking off as they can choke themselves. If it is deformed, sometimes when their bones grow, the problem rights itself. I had a kit who's hips and shoulders looked all wrong, I was advised to kill it (which I wouldn't do unless it was suffering) I let little un carry on as normal and when her bones started to get stronger, everything righted itself.

raven_guest said:
Sometimes they'll really surprise you, runts in litters can grow up to be the strongest, if they do have things twisted around them, they'll need taking off as they can choke themselves. If it is deformed, sometimes when their bones grow, the problem rights itself. I had a kit who's hips and shoulders looked all wrong, I was advised to kill it (which I wouldn't do unless it was suffering) I let little un carry on as normal and when her bones started to get stronger, everything righted itself.

Oh that sounds more postive :D It's little foot looks the wrong way round at the moment! but I am hoping it will right it's self :D

Ok, I know this sounds bad, but my Drakey was the runt of an accidental litter. Doug and Jan thought he would die and kept him going, but the thing is he died anyway at 13 weeks, I think perhaps nature should take it's course if mom doesn't feed them, she may actually be saving them from suffering in the long run and an awfull lot of heart ache. I hope the babies are ok. XXX

SOAD said:
Ok, I know this sounds bad, but my Drakey was the runt of an accidental litter. Doug and Jan thought he would die and kept him going, but the thing is he died anyway at 13 weeks, I think perhaps nature should take it's course if mom doesn't feed them, she may actually be saving them from suffering in the long run and an awfull lot of heart ache. I hope the babies are ok. XXX

Thanks, I understand that they may not make it :( but they do seems warm and wriggly todayand the one with the twisted foot? well it seems to be righting itself and the foor is lovely and pink again :D so here's hoping :D

only two left now, the other wee one died in the night :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

the two that are left are bigger than average! they have been getting all the milk! they are 6 days old now.

Back