• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

SUCCESS!!

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I have got all 33 Buns onto Science Selective :D
Most had been on Excel but 3 were on rubbish cereal mix :oops:
I think the threat of a Hay and Veg ONLY diet is what did it.. :p :p :p :p

Janex

Excellent.

I always wonder when people tell me that they can't get their bunny to eat this or that... I have never had a problem changing them to whatever I want; some take longer than others, but they all eat it in the end. That was the case when I changed from Excel to Science Selective years ago, and again it was no problem when I changed from SS to Allen & Page a few weeks ago!

You must be spending a fortune on SS for over 30 bunnies... :shock: That's one of the reasons I changed to A & P, because it was getting expensive to feed 8 bunnies on SS... :? :)

Pellets to mix

When I first got my rabbits I gave them Excel Junior pellets, then when they got a bit bigger I thought I should move them onto mix, so I bought Burgess' Mix. I did what the pack said introducing it gradually, and they would not eat it! They picked the pellets out and left everything else, I thought I'll perseverve they';; get hungry and they'll have to eat it (sorry, i didn't know any better then :oops: ) but they didn't, they just went hungry. I got science selective samples from the vet, harly eats EXcell but prefers science selctive, Honey won't eat anything but Excel, and neither will eat mix :lol: , so they both get Excell! Also when they get their veg at night they are always munching straight away, but if I give them something they don't like they WILL NOT eat it. So rabbits can be fussy, your just lucky :D

that's great! :D mine love SS ( a bit too much!) and when Nomad was here last week he ate it as if he's never seen food before :shock: I think it's a great food and Nomad never had a sticky bum while he was here ( even though I was told he ALWAYS has one)

Back