• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Unhappy bun

daisylou

Warren Scout
When Bojangles lost Mosschops he spent days looking around for her. They had been together for over 3 years. Last week when he lost Poppy, who he had only been with full time for 2 or 3 weeks, he didn't seem too upset.

However, over the past couple days my poor little bun looks so forlorn. He seems to have become a bit scared of me. He runs and hides if I try to get close to him, even if it is just to clap him - not even pick him up.

I don't know if I am just seeing him sitting on his own and not liking it, when normally he would be with someone else.

Poppy died in front of him, do you think that may have affected him.

My poor bun, I just want to cuddle him, but he doesn't want a cuddle from me :(

He probably thinks he's going to end up gong wherever poppy went bless! I'd give him a soft toy until you are able to think about a new friend (make sure it's baby friendly as it'll be ok for buns then too) He will take a while to come around and was probably expecting Poppy to come home after a few days and is now realising she isn't. He'll come around.

aawwww im sure he will feel better soon... maybe it has frightened him a little.
Are you planning to get another bunny to be his new friend? Or are you waiting a while?

I am planning to get him another friend although we are both a bit wary as it has been hard losing 2 beautiful girls in 2 months. He is used to having other bunny company so I think it is the right thing to do for him.

I will buy him a toy tomorrow - hopefully he will be happy to cuddle that until we can find him and new girlfriend :)

Back