• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

eekk - help

Frankie

Young Bun
I think my puppy has worms even though he has been wormed i think there was one in his poo. Can anything be passed to the rabbits as i was reading and found about feas passing eggs from dog to cat etc?
Grateful for any help. :?

Yes, rabbits can ingest worm eggs from other animals including dogs.
The fact that you have seen worms in your Puppy's poo means the worm treatment is working!!
You need to ensure that your Bunny does not graze on ground defacated on by your Pup. Clean up all Pups poo too!!

Janex

Frankie said:
I think my puppy has worms even though he has been wormed i think there was one in his poo. Can anything be passed to the rabbits as i was reading and found about feas passing eggs from dog to cat etc?
Grateful for any help. :?
Which wormer have you used?

not sure what wormer was used it was done by the breeder when we picked him up. At the moment smartie is good and doesn't 'go' any where near the rabbits but i will take extra care.

Thanks for your advise i was a bit scared. Smarties is off to the vets on sat so i will ask for some more meds for him.
I feel a bit happier now :D

As Tamsin said, he needs worming regularly as a pup, usually every 2 weeks, the vets will tell you this on sat. Wat sort of pup is he? any photos? :D

we have had him just over a week now so this coming sat it will be two weeks since he had treatment. i feel much better now i was thinking i was goin to have to take all three dogs, and three rabbits to the vets for treatment and then all three humans to the docs :lol: think i was over reacting a bit. another question regarding this, my cat lives with my mum and dad and i saw her at the weekend is there any chance that i may have passed worms from smartie to the cat?

Ruthie - he is a little collie, i put a piccie on the forum last week but in case you missed it, here is another.

Smartie-1.jpg

Back