• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House Rabbit Boarding

Wizbit

Alpha Buck
Hey everyone. Does anyone know of anywhere in the Cambridge area that would board house bunnies.... I am a bit neurotic about leaving my buns and don't have any family members who can take care of them for me. I don't mind a bit of a journey as long as i can leave them and feel confident. :roll:

Wizbit said:
Hey everyone. Does anyone know of anywhere in the Cambridge area that would board house bunnies.... I am a bit neurotic about leaving my buns and don't have any family members who can take care of them for me. I don't mind a bit of a journey as long as i can leave them and feel confident. :roll:

If I have a bit of notice and you dont mind the journey I board bunnies sometimes (not too many as I dont always have the room). I usually house them in my 6ft and 8ft hutches in my shed. I usually look after Chris' (dideen) house rabbits while she is away, got a few others booked in aswell :thumb:.

Ah thanks, that's really kind. I may take you up on that although Norwich is quite a long journey from me that would be my main concern. Can you tell me though will they lose their litter training if they go away from home for a week or so? I wondered if they forget if they don't have the same surroundings etc?

If you want to find one closer you could try contacting the rescues in your area as they may do boarding or know of someone in your area... there are 2 in Royston:
Heathlands Animal Sanctuary
13 Eastfield Road, Royston, Hertfordshire, SG8 7ED
Tel: 01763 244488

The Rabbit Residence Rescue
Great Chishill, Royston
Tel: 07904 397 378

And there are a few more in cambridgeshire
Wood Green Animal Shelter
King's Bush Farm, London Road, Godmanchester, Cambs, PE29 2NH
Tel: 08701 90 40 90

Blue Cross Cambridge Centre
20 Garlic Row, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB5 8HW
Tel: 01223 350 153

There are 2 rspca shelters too but i doubt they do boarding for rabbits. If you want different areas just go to the rabbit rehome site and click on list of rescues. If you do find one that does boarding.. id suggest you go and visit to check it out yourself and ask lots of questions :wink:

Wizbit said:
Can you tell me though will they lose their litter training if they go away from home for a week or so? I wondered if they forget if they don't have the same surroundings etc?

My Simba used to be toilet trained but alot of it went out the window when Nala came here. They still wee in the right area but poops go everywhere. I havent noticed any difference in their toiletting after staying with Cheryl.. the only difference i have noticed sometimes is they sulk cos she Cheryl has nicer hay that me :lol: :lol:

Back