• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rhubarb

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Ok i know the leaves are pioseness (sp) but can i feed the buns the stalk bits that we eat?? We have massis and massis of rhubarb in the garden and i thought if i could feed it to the buns it would get rid of it!

ladystardust said:
I thought you had to cook rhubarb regardless of it's poisonous properties.
I might be wrong though :lol:

Thanks i have no idea i hate the stuff but o/h eats it raw????

I've read somewhere

I've read somewhere that rhubarb and beans should be avoided, can't remember if was in a book or on internet

Phill said:
Thanks guys! thanks Jill! I dunno wether i could post Rhubarb but i can try!!

will watch out for strange shape parcel!..don't try posting custard with it though! :lol: :lol:

oh wow wish i had a garden full of rhubarb.. i love it! my grandad used to grow it YUMMY YUMMY.. Rhubarb crumble or as jill says.. rhubarb and custard YUMMY!! :p
Maybe you could set up a little stall outside your house and sell it to passers by :lol:

Hmm thats a possibility Chris! The only way i like Rhubarb is Rhubarb chutney and my mums already made mea jar! there is tons of the stuff!!

MMMMMMMMMmmmmm rhubarb! Post me some as well, please :lol: :lol: Rhubarb yoghurts are the best, except you need to be able to clean your teeth afterwards as it makes your mouth ever so furry!

AlisonA said:
Not if you cook it up with loads of sugar :D

EEwww Ewww!!! Yuck yuck yuck!!!! Give me gooseberrys and rasberrys anyday!!

How long would the rhubarb last if i posted it??

I reckon you should set up a rhubarb run down the country! :lol: :lol: We could all meet at different spots to collect a bunch on ya way :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

You think rhubarb is sour but not gooseberries :shock:

I shouldn't think it would post well, would probably go all floppy and squishy! How about buttering up your new neighbours, and what better way than with the gift of rhubarb?

AlisonA said:
You think rhubarb is sour but not gooseberries :shock:

I shouldn't think it would post well, would probably go all floppy and squishy! How about buttering up your new neighbours, and what better way than with the gift of rhubarb?

the neighbours have a huge rhubarb patch too! It just seems such a shame to have all of it and not do anything with it

You could contact a local old peoples home or children's home maybe.. ask them if they would like any? Not sure if they would have any rules about where food has to come from mind you.
Or how about putting a sign up in a local supermarket advertising it? Or errrm... ask people you work with if they would like any.. family, neighbours etc

Back