• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

anyone got neosporin?

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
I have to ask cos i see it mentioned on so many forums etc but they are usually US ones..but some uk sites mention this product but not where to buy it!
ive been googling and yahooing..not a sausage!
has anyone ever used this on their buns and where the heck did you get it!!?

oscar has stage one sore hocks..it was only one foot yesterday..tonite its both! he is a spoilt house bun and in 14 months of having him live with us..hes never had sore hocks..till now!
Im using a 1:10 dilute mix of hibiscrub to bathe th spots with..dont want to use anything that will inflamme..and doesnt warrant vets visit as its not infected..and wont be i hope! Neosporin is recommnded by soo many bunny owners...just wondering thats all.

Jane would be the one to know Debbie, I'm just having a quick loook of some links I have- have never heard of it to be honest :oops:

Ah, I'd be more inclined to use Sudocrem on Oscar's hocks, unless you know theres an infection in them :?

How's Nikki, is she feeling any better yet?

Neosporin is an antibiotic cream that is really useful when your bun has sore hocks or an infected area. It prevents scars, also. You can get it at a pharmacy store. :wink:

--Kiya--

The generic version of Neosporin is usually called Triple Antibiotic. You must have something similar over there. The active ingredients are neomycin, polymyxin B sulfate, and bacitracin zinc. It's made to treat small scrapes and cuts on humans and it's supposed to make them heal faster by preventing the minor bacterial infections that usually occur.

And yes, that's usually our first resort for rabbits with sore hock problems. That or bag balm, which acts as a protective covering.

Back