• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits' calming powers

maryflynn

Warren Scout
Does anyone else find that they just sit and watch their buns for hours?

Ive been sat out in the garden just watchin my three playing and i find it so immensly calming, the things they do and how sweet and peaceful they always looks just makes me so relaxed and happy.

Forget therapy, rabbit watching is good for the soul!

I completely agree with you. However stressed I'm feeling, spending half an hour with the bunnies makes me feel so much better.

I agree. Bunnies are really interesting to watch. I often sit down in the garden just watching my bunny run around.

Mary! Brilliant to see you!! :wave:

How are you?

And yes buns are very relaxing, I could spend all day watching my guys and girls :roll:

Thank goodness for that!!, I thought I was the only one who found it so relaxing, I watch mine whenever I can and how they interact and communicate ... it's fascinating.

Am I right in saying that to stroke an animal (of any kind) is very theraputic and happens in some old folkies homes / hospices etc??

The pleasure is fantastic and I think homes without pets must be very boring

I love watching mine. Milly is so nervous outside. She is in a small run with a box in it which when on her she sits in all the time. I put Jack in the run (he is normally free range round the garden) and she comes out and eats and plays. Its so sweet that she trusts him to look after her. :D Jack is so funny - he likes to investigate everything in the garden! I could watch him for hours!

I especially like watching them when they are sharing their hay and after I put them to bed I give them a bowl of dried grass and I close their hutch and just lie on the carpet and watch them for AGES :D I think my boyfriend thinks I am mad ... but I've seen him do it too!

Yes stroking them is VERY therapeutic and if my b/f is angry or we've had a row I pass him a bun .... !!

Yeah i love watching or stroking/grooming my bunnies... They make me laugh and certainly relax me after a day at work :D I love my bunnies :D

Totally! I've always had stressful days (as we all do), but I now find that I'm able to calm down far more easily because the bunnies are at home waiting for me. :) All I have to do is watch them sleep, play, and groom each other, and immediately I feel so much calmer!

AMETHYST

I completely agree. I could spend all day just watching them doing their thing. They are such wonderful little creatures and when they look at me with their head on one side, I would swear they know exactly what I am saying to them!

Hiya, yeah Ive been away for a while but still log on to check ur news n goss!

Also, I find watching them drinking from a bowl of water is incredibly calming, the sweet little sips and how their chins get wet is sooo cute!

I agree too, I was saying to someone the other day that some people turn to harmfull substances and etc to stress relieve. I just want a bunny. :)

I totally agree! I love just sitting outside and watching my buns running around and cleaning themselves :love:

Back