• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RSPCA Nottingham

Suzanne

Mama Doe
Picked our new bunny up from the RSCPA yesterday and he's settling in well. I'll post pickies soon.

We asked about the food he was getting, veggies etc... and they told us that the bunnies only get veggies if someone donates something and at the moment they don't have any donations from local shops/supermarkets. :( So no veggies for the poor bunnies . I noticed they were being fed on the mix rabbit food too :(

We live quite far away from the rescue but we are going to go back soon to take some veggies for them. If anyone else lives in Nottingham I'm sure the bunnies would enjoy a nice carrot or two.

The are having an gala day soon too - some time in July I think.

Animals2.png

That sounds awful! Are they not getting any grass either?? Even petshops often throw the odd carrot in!

Might be worth mentioning to them that sainsburies do a scheme where they donate left over veg to charity. I think they'd need to pick it up but it's free :) They need to ask the manager in their local branch :)

Thanks for that Tamsin. I didn't realise that Sainsbury's did that. They did ask at the local Morrison's but they refused. I will let the Manager know.

Although the small animals have loads of space and are kept well they do need some veggies and it would be good for potential adopters to understand what they need. When we got Dandelion they didn't give us any feeding advice luckily we already have rabbits so know what they need.

Animals2.png

Back