• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Gypsy's eye is all cloudy : - (((

The cloudiness is actually the eyes way of healing itself. I assume the vet gave you anti-biotic drops to go in it, as well as an oral anti-biotic? If not you need to get them for her.

No, my vet was USELESS!!!! he sent her home all wobbbley and frightened as she had only just woken up from the GA!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :x I only got oral antibiotics, which are prooving near impossible to get in her :( even if I manage to squirt them in her mouth she won't swollow them and just lets it run out! :shock: :? I was just thinking today that she should have got eye drops as well :?

Hi Rainbow.
When you say her eye is cloudy do you mean 'gunky' or do you mean that the actual eye is going cloudy?
Did your vet check that there were no scratches on the Cornea?
Were you given any antibiotic drops for her eye aswell as oral abx?
I would take her back to the Vet in the morning just to be on the safe side.
Sounds like she could do with some more pain relief too.

Janex

It's hard to tell, I think it may be gunky, it looks like white snot ( :oops: sorry!)
No, the vet didn't give me any eye drops for her :( while I'm there I hope he can give her antibiotic injections as well as I just can't get it into her properly :(
looks like I will have to TELL the vet what to do to get any sort of help for Gypsy :( my other vet was so good, why did she have to leave? :(

GGGGRRRR can't get an appointment until tomorrow :cry: I hate to think of Gypsy in pain :( all around her eye it's swollen and misshapen, I hope it will go back to normal once healed.

For the time being, there is a natural tear drop called celluvisc, it's natural and has no artificial substance, you can use it as many times as you want. It's not a medicine or it won't make her healing faster, but it comfort her eyes.

You notice she is irritate by the itch, you can use this type of natural tear drop. It's perfectly safe, and I use it myself whenever I have dry eye due to dry weather. Go to the drug store and ask for any brand name of natural tear drop, it's about $10 or so.

Back