• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Won't eat carrots

caritas2006

Warren Scout
Twinkle wont eat carrots she wont even give them a second glance she sniffs them once and looks away anything else she will at least try

Another thing are sunflower seed good or bad for rabbits she escaped and put a whole in my bag and i think she might have ate some

Mine hates carrots... very rarely eats them - alot of bunnies dont like carrots so you're not alone!
Carrot tops are another matter though, most bunnies enjoy them :)

Carrots are sweet so should only be fed as a treat so it doesn't matter if your rabbit won't eat them. There are plenty of other greens she can eat. :D
I'm not sure about eating sunflower seeds though. :?

A few sunflower seeds are okay to feed your rabbit :D and carrots are a bit boring aren't they :lol: parsley, mint, clover, grass and a few dandelions are much nicer :D

Candy didn't eat carrots or carrot tops until we got Dobb's, now she will eat small amounts of carrots but loves carrot tops and poor Dpbb's dosen't get a look in if she around.

Simba wouldnt eat carrots when i first got him.. however one day my mum peeled his carrot and chopped it up and he ate it.. i wondered if maybe he was scared of it cos it moved before :lol: He loves them now :wink:

Grass is great for bunnies - I keep mine long and just ogo out on a morning and grab a load for the bunnies breakfast. Since I started doing the this they have had no runny poo at all.

Back