• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New room

caritas2006

Warren Scout
How long does it usually take for a 12 week old rabbit to get used to being in another room Twinkle lives in my bedroom but i hope to be having my own flat sometime this year so i am trying to get her used to other rooms all she does when i take her downstairs is sit beside my leg i expected her to start sniffing around the room by now

Aww, just give her time. Don't force her to anything she dosen't want to do.
She'll investigate in her own time.

Good luck Twinkle.xx

Bunnies are very nosy but they need to be sure there isn't something awful round the corner. How does she know there isn't a fox hidden behind the door! Sit on the floor with her near you and edge away and see if she will follow you. It sounds like she feels very safe with you so use that to help her get used to the room. The best way to get bunnies to feel safe and secure is to do bunny things so play with her by laying on the floor and make sure that she also has places to hide in the room like cardboard boxes and tunnel. Put food in the room too and she will associate the room with good things.

Back