• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mouse in straw

Bunnysam

Alpha Buck
Hello

I just went up to my garage to fill up the buns' straw box and found a live mouse inside the bag of straw. After initially screaming and then thinking it looked kind of cute I removed it and sent it on its way, I filled the box and am now thinking is it safe to use the straw for my buns' litter trays?

I have read Jane's report and am a bit scared to say the least.

Should I go and get some new straw tomorrow and perhaps buy a bin?

Bunnysam :(

I don't think I'd be happy giving my buns that straw, I am quite paranoid about germiness though.
A bin would probably be a good idea for future mouse prevention.
I bet it was cute though, after the initial fright. :lol:

Yeh, Can't say I would want to use it either :? :?

I wouldn't take the risk and get some fresh tomorrow :D

Yes I think I will get some fresh straw tomorrow and disinfect the box as well. I keep thinking if I hadn't seen the mouse then I would have used the straw and how many times its probably been in the straw before :?

I will get a couple of bins - one for straw and one for hay tomorrow.

Thank you for your help :)

... and by the way I DID stroke the little miter on the head before I sent it on its way :lol: ... very cute.

... oops just seen the time. Better go to bed now THIS SITE IS VERY DISTRACTING!!! :lol: :lol:

My buns keep coming downstairs and looking at me, hinting its time for bedtime and their bowl of dried grass :)

night night x

Bunnysam said:
... oops just seen the time. Better go to bed now THIS SITE IS VERY DISTRACTING!!! :lol: :lol:

My buns keep coming downstairs and looking at me, hinting its time for bedtime and their bowl of dried grass :)

night night x

That's so cute!

Back