• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

litter training?

Firstly, Rosie is just adorable! :love:

Assuming she is a house bunny, if she is kept in a cage at the moment which is probably the case before she is litter trained, when she wee's on the newspaper (if you are using that) put the wet newspaper in the litter box and she will get the message ... hopefully :)

Keep putting soiled material into the litter try and eventually she will cotton on.

Hope this helps :)

I found the best way was to put my Smudge in a small area that she liked in the room and keep her in that area - I closed it off so she was kep there and didn't have too much freedom too soon!"

Then I put someof her litter from her hutch in the tray and everytime she went outside the tray I picked it up and put it in the tray. I sat watching her wholst she was out at 15 minute intervals and if she started to go to the toilet I picked her straight up and put herin the tray.

Slowly she startted to realsie it was her toilet! I also put some hay arounf the front of the tray to encourage her to go in as they like to eat as they poop!!

She is now litter trained, except for the odd pebble outside the tray since we got a boy rabbit! It's her way of marking her territory so I don't ,ind it so much.

Patienc eis the key and supervision. As she starts to use it all the time increase her space so she's not too far from it and eventually you will be able to let her roam and she will return.

If she starts to use another corner as her toilet get another tray to put there too!

Back