• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anybody have this carrier?

I have one similar from argos... it's ok but I want one that opens from the top so I could lift sophie out as its hard to get her out at the vets, its fine for rudy as he comes out on his own or lets me get him out lol.

Just read your post properly :oops: If its like mine, its a bit of a faff to open it all up as you can get ones the just lift on the top rather than taking the whole thing apart!

i havn't got that particular one but I do have two top opening ones and they are much better- particularily when you go to the vets.

Is that the right link? I have the one in that link there and you wouldn't want to be taking it apart to get the buns out, because the door falls off and then you have to balance it all back in position and it takes ages to put it all back together again, it's not as simple as just removing the top and then popping it back on.

There is one with a proper opening top as well as the door at the front, I don't have one but they look great as long as your bun is small enough to get through the hole in the top.

loopylop said:
I prefer ones like this

http://www.amazinganimal.co.uk/caddy-claret-p-11780.html

Only there isn't much open parts where the buns can see out - although I think Sophie would prefer that :lol:

Yeah i was going to get one of those only Nala is awful to round up to catch to put in it.. whereas i can just about round her up and persuade her to hop into the carrier if it has a door at the front as well.. so ideally id like both top and front doors

Diddeen said:
loopylop said:
I prefer ones like this

http://www.amazinganimal.co.uk/caddy-claret-p-11780.html

Only there isn't much open parts where the buns can see out - although I think Sophie would prefer that :lol:

Yeah i was going to get one of those only Nala is awful to round up to catch to put in it.. whereas i can just about round her up and persuade her to hop into the carrier if it has a door at the front as well.. so ideally id like both top and front doors

Good point actually- Sophie would never let me pick her up to get her in there :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This one is fantastic

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=152&pf_id=5536

would highly recommend it, I have one and I love it! I have lots of top opening carriers but this one is very cool :D

it has a large front opening door and the whole top opens completely I will take photos of mine open tomorrow if you want me too :wink: it also has a food and water dish that fits into the door. :D :D :D

petcargo_cabrio.jpg

Diddeen said:
hunnybun said:

Oh wow that looks very smart. Think its quite a bit smaller than the ferplast 20 tho. I want one that i can put all 3 of mine in together once they are bonded. Not sure that one would be big enough :?

Here is more details of it and sizes :D

http://www.ukpetsupplies.com/detail.aspx?ID=1770

I have a carrier like the one you have detailed, it may be smaller though not sure, it is quite a nice carrier :wink:

That really does look like a lovely carrier.. a much bigger top opening section. I just compared the size and its about 5cm smaller wide and length, altho it is taller. It is still quite a bit bigger than the one i currently use with my pair in so maybe it would be ok. My three are all small rabbits, Nala is the biggest at 1.8kg, simba is 1.4 and fifi currently 1kg altho possibly bit more growing to do. Do you think they would fit in that one ok?

Diddeen said:
That really does look like a lovely carrier.. a much bigger top opening section. I just compared the size and its about 5cm smaller wide and length, altho it is taller. It is still quite a bit bigger than the one i currently use with my pair in so maybe it would be ok. My three are all small rabbits, Nala is the biggest at 1.8kg, simba is 1.4 and fifi currently 1kg altho possibly bit more growing to do. Do you think they would fit in that one ok?

Two of my rex's have been in it, and they are about 4kg !!

It is worth checking what holds the top shut as some have only a small pair of sliders to keep the lid in place. I have one and I am always concerned if I have a big rabbit in it just in case the plastic snaps.

Back